Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, just checked the price at BBTS - it's now at $259.99! Think they're trying to undercut the competition?

Damn it man, you made me have to preorder thru bbts :lol At least with them i can think about it and cancel free of charge. Let the mental tug of war begin :lol

Now, we are going to get a flood of product for IM3, and hard choices will have to be made again. I'm not going for the Hall of Armor, even though the four unit one would look great with the Gantry, because it's overpriced for what it is. If I'm going to continue to spend this kind of cash on this hobby, I'm going to get only the things that have the most appeal to me. At the announced price point for this Stark, I may get him if the head is tweaked by the time it hits the market.

:exactly: I'm sure i will end up getting this but i am going to wait and see what other IM3 figures are released before i decide.

It will be a while after it's released before it sells out, so i have plenty of time

I don't have any problem with the price- look at all you get! It is the first MMS release to eclipse DX pricing, I know but this is going to have a ton of goodies.
The box will be huge since it has to fit that stage in it(unless it is segmented).
Very excited but awhile off....

$250 from AE isn't too bad considering all the pieces. Especially when some of the pieces are Mark (hands / feet). I'll be getting it...

I don't have any problem with the price- look at all you get! It is the first MMS release to eclipse DX pricing, I know but this is going to have a ton of goodies.
The box will be huge since it has to fit that stage in it(unless it is segmented).

Many MMSs have eclipse DX's price..... Batpod, Tumbler, Iron Monger, Gantry, Avatar Jake, Tron: Sam, Hulk, ED209, Power Loader,..... etc...

I have no problems with that as I love the fact that BBTS doesn't charge a NRD.

Everything aside what is really the big deal with the NRD? It will bring the last payment down in the end, or it will be cheaper in the end. It also stops everyone that is not sure if they want to buy it or not from POing it. There are two Star Wars PF that sold out very fast that did not have a NRD. But you have collectors that want them. So they have to go on a wait list and wait and hope. Keep that in mind next time you want something and its sold out. Then shipping time. They have some. WL from what I have seen are not on FP.

It's $28 really that is a weeks worth of Starbucks. I have never bought anything from BBTS. I have bought everything from SSC. I just had a problem and we work it out. Me I don't care about the NRD nor do I care about saving the $30 (points or not). What I do care about is getting what I order, not having to wait a extra week, not having to wait if there is a 2nd shipment.

Talking about the box. I was really shocked that Iron Monger was smaller or close to the size of a reg 1/6. For what I paid for it. I wanted a big box.

No way I'm paying $280 for a Robert Downey Jr. Action figure...
The previous one was about half as much, which was an ok price, but this is insane.

Everything aside what is really the big deal with the NRD? It will bring the last payment down in the end, or it will be cheaper in the end. It also stops everyone that is not sure if they want to buy it or not from POing it. There are two Star Wars PF that sold out very fast that did not have a NRD. But you have collectors that want them. So they have to go on a wait list and wait and hope. Keep that in mind next time you want something and its sold out. Then shipping time. They have some. WL from what I have seen are not on FP.

It's $28 really that is a weeks worth of Starbucks. I have never bought anything from BBTS. I have bought everything from SSC. I just had a problem and we work it out. Me I don't care about the NRD nor do I care about saving the $30 (points or not). What I do care about is getting what I order, not having to wait a extra week, not having to wait if there is a 2nd shipment.

Point is if you change your mind or don't have the funds at the time figure is released you are OUT $28..and money is money no matter how much or little...why risk it when BBTS doesn't ask for anything plus they offer terrific service!

No way I'm paying $280 for a Robert Downey Jr. Action figure...
The previous one was about half as much, which was an ok price, but this is insane.

Well its up to you, just don't post after its sold out and people are selling them on eBay for over $150 more then you could have gotten him today. Me I am happy with the price. I don't own a mech tech. Those are or better words was selling for $$$ now. They will be much cheaper.

I remember not more then 4/5 months ago people saying the samething about the mark 6 from the movie. I order one try to fine it (I know one person only) that will sell it to you for under $300.

What did a Mech Tech go for before today?

Well its up to you, just don't post after its sold out and people are selling them on eBay for over $150 more then you could have gotten him today. Me I am happy with the price. I don't own a mech tech. Those are or better words was selling for $$$ now. They will be much cheaper.

I remember not more then 4/5 months ago people saying the samething about the mark 6 from the movie. I order one try to fine it (I know one person only) that will sell it to you for under $300.

What did a Mech Tech go for before today?

A little under a year ago you could get a Mech Test on this forum for about 240 bucks. However, this figure isn't limited like the Avengers Iron Man. It'll be a while before it sells out.

Point is if you change your mind or don't have the funds at the time figure is released you are OUT $28..and money is money no matter how much or little...why risk it when BBTS doesn't ask for anything plus they offer terrific service!

I can understand this. SSC is not as hard as you think. If you don't order and cancel. They will refund you back your NRD. This is in place for people that order items. Try to sell it on eBay. They don't get the $$$ they think and cancel it.

I have heard good and bad about BBTS. Then again I can say the samething about SSC.

Everyone else is a retailer. When SSC gets their stock in. SSC customers get theirs 1st. The retailers get them 2nd. How the retailers ship them from what I have heard is buy order date. HT has been shipping 1/2 the orders. So if your on the backend you have to wait. Why someone who bought say 4 months after you from SSC will get their item.

I'm not taking any sides. I am just saying I like to deal with who I like to deal with. I don't care if it cost me $10 or even $100 more. This is why I don't eat fast food. I like onions. I want extra onions and when I ask. They cut the same ones up into smaller parts and call it that. Your happy ordering from BBTS an I am happy ordering from SSC.

Man this is overpriced. Think about mark 2 unleashed and mark VII and the amount of extras. Those two are cheaper than this..

A little under a year ago you could get a Mech Test on this forum for about 240 bucks. However, this figure isn't limited like the Avengers Iron Man. It'll be a while before it sells out.

That is about what I was going to pay for it. But it turn out Dummy was not with it. So I passed and bought the Grandy.

Back