1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the Stormies will hit Han and Chewie.

Can someone else repost the photos we're all talking about? I'm not seeing them. :lol

About time you all get your notices. My 2nd Chewie needs his bandolier and bowcaster. I also want a 3rd head to customize and 2nd head for Han.

Well just got my Han and Chewbacca set. Eager to open it only to find chewbacca's hand broken and his head won't stay on. E-mailed sideshow since they rarely answer their phones. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow.

Here's a shoddily photoshopped action shot!
68e8b3533acaff8af3171faeb312686f.jpg

And before effects just cause I like chewie's futzing.
e1a28eabc77c0a856b2232830aaa1ebb.jpg

I wonder if the Stormies will hit Han and Chewie.

Can someone else repost the photos we're all talking about? I'm not seeing them. :lol
They're not on this page yet. Now they are. :lol

FINALLY get the notice from Sideshow.:yess:

I was beginning to think it was going to be 2016.

I thought Id be more excited..I guess all of TFA announcements kinda numbed me a bit.
plus, that means I have to dust.

Still...Hurry up 7 days!

I'm so damn excited for this set. I work in SF so usually I'd send all my stuffs to Seattle to avoid the CA taxes. But, this one I can't resist and going to have it ship to SF. $36 in CA taxes, SOB...

Well, if someone gets it right and is willing to customise and lighten the heads, I predict much money in their future.

Someone said that the face coloring is what is putting them off - and you're 100% correct.

As you can see, all I've added in photoshop is the correct facial hair coloring - the eyes, nose, mouth is exactly the same as the original photo.

So if anyone has the ability to do this practically on their figure - he could be absolutely jaw-dropping!

(Hope you don't mind me pinching your photo Matrix?)

But that's part of an actual Chewie face photoshopped onto the Hot Toys head?
Not a regrade, repaint, lightening digital or not?

Not saying a bit of a retouch wouldn't help, but it would NEVER look like that it's structurally different.

Not sure what's so difficult to understand.

Maybe if your eyes worked as well as your mouth you would see things differently.
He said "all I've added in photoshop is the correct facial hair coloring.."

That would imply he has changed the color of the Hot toys face. He hasn't. He has actually pasted parts of a real Chewbacca photo/face onto the Hot toys face. It does not in any way depict what the HT head would look like painted or lightened.

To do that you would need to create soft masks for the different areas of hair and regrade and brighten in PS. Recolor to match the effect one would achieve if actually tinting repainting the physical HT head.

The hair the structure and the detail is different on that picture, that eye/brow area simply doesn't look like that on the HT head. The cheeks are not that screen accurate, the moustache does not look like that. It's all a fake economy.
Because it's from a real Chewie. It's not a re-color, it's a paste-up.

Get it now? or do you need more explanation or simpler language?

Last edited:
That would imply he has changed the color of the Hot toys face. He hasn't. He has actually...

Then you're calling him a liar. So if that's the case, don't beat around the bush with some BS disingenuous series of questions and just come out and accuse him of lying.

You should probably just walk away.

Then you're calling him a liar. So if that's the case, don't beat around the bush with some BS disingenuous series of questions and just come out and accuse him of lying.

No, I was pointing out the reality to fellow collectors that may have been misled by that picture. The only person I would accuse of being disingenuous in this situation is you, as you will jump in on any post I make and try to be a smart know it all, like you did above. If you get off on that cool, thats your thing. probably best to think before typing though, it doesn't come across very well.
Just leave me out of your silly games? thanks.

Now that we have clarified the issue (that you were being obnoxiously incorrect in your post.. as usual) you can go and light your own torch, get your own group together and march through the woods. I have zero interest in calling him a liar, because he may simply have been inaccurate in his wording. You can bathe in your rudeness and aggression if it makes you feel superior for a few moments. I guess you have to grab those moments when you can.

Have fun with that.

No, I was pointing out the reality to fellow collectors that may have been misled by that picture.

If anyone was being mislead it was by the text which was posted by Mandible stating plainly and clearly that he only worked on the color and did not in fact composite any photos. You can imagine it any way you like, but the only thing you're doing is calling the guy a liar. What he posted is either true or it isn't. There's no middle road here and nothing to hide behind, he was quite clear and adamant about what was done to the photo.

I only followed up to point out that you were being disingenuous and were ignoring (as usual) the text that someone else had posted. This is your modus operandi, where you come up with some fantasy and accusations, completely ignoring even the text you quote in your own replies and then hide behind some off-topic diatribe and calling anything anyone else posts a "game," "silly" or both.

Back