1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't even talking to you PP.
You jumped in and tried to "humorously" belittle my post without even bothering to understand what I said.

Now, rather than post-rationalising, disguising your public ****-up, move on. Thanks.

I wasn't even talking to you PP.

When you post to a public group, you're talking to everyone. Forums 101.

I know you like to "fire and forget" but I have a really great memory. You don't have to apologize to me, I wrote you off a long time ago, but I'm just waiting for you to man-up and apologize for the accusations made against Mandible.

Mandible didn't just lighten the fur color - he's added in recontouring lines in the hair, whether painted in using PS or pasted in from a Chewy photo.

It's not just the HT head with fur color tweaked.

When you post to a public group, you're talking to everyone. Forums 101.

I know you like to "fire and forget" but I have a really great memory. You don't have to apologize to me, I wrote you off a long time ago, but I'm just waiting for you to man-up and apologize for the accusations made against Mandible.

To be fair, Rory didn't call him a liar from what I can tell. He just interprets what he said differently.

To be fair, Rory didn't call him a liar from what I can tell. He just interprets what he said differently.

Thanks, yes. PP is trying to muddy the conversation and disguise what he posted. He does it all the time.
I clearly said I had no issue with Mandible, that it was probably a misunderstanding or bad wording. PP on the other hand said that he should be called a liar. Tried to put words in my mouth.

Then you're calling him a liar. So if that's the case, don't beat around the bush with some BS disingenuous series of questions and just come out and accuse him of lying.

You should probably just walk away.

Mandible didn't just lighten the fur color - he's added in recontouring lines in the hair, whether painted in using PS or pasted in from a Chewy photo.

Looks like it's moved around with PS' brush tools and the figure can be futzed the same way - everyone can see that in the original photos, he even included the untouched one next to it so as not to deceive anyone. He stated clearly the face details, the nose, mouth and eyes belong to the original photo, which means they're not composited from a photo of the actual Chewbacca costume.

Generally if you know something to be a fact, you don't pose questions to try and root out what you already know. That's the very definition of being disingenuous.

Saying that something someone else posted is precisely not as they described it, implies that person is lying. He would have been more honest if he had actually called him a liar. Being passive aggressive about it doesn't change what's happening.

There's no other way to interpret this:

As you can see, all I've added in photoshop is the correct facial hair coloring - the eyes, nose, mouth is exactly the same as the original photo.
He hasn't. He has actually pasted parts of a real Chewbacca photo/face onto the Hot toys face. It does not in any way depict what the HT head would look like painted or lightened.
I was pointing out the reality to fellow collectors that may have been misled by that picture.

Last edited:
4lkdms.png

But that's part of an actual Chewie face photoshopped onto the Hot Toys head?
Not a regrade, repaint, lightening digital or not?

Not saying a bit of a retouch wouldn't help, but it would NEVER look like that it's structurally different.

I agree there appears to be a bit more going on there than a simple re-coloring, but I think it does still show how lightening the hair could improve the likeness quite a bit (even if not quite as much as the photoshop suggests).

To me the biggest change I see is with the brow, which is now lower and removes some of that goofy surprised look the figure has. Like the chin, I'm kinda hoping it might be possible to improve that with some futzing as well.

I agree there appears to be a bit more going on there than a simple re-coloring, but I think it does still show how lightening the hair could improve the likeness quite a bit (even if not quite as much as the photoshop suggests).

To me the biggest change I see is with the brow, which is now lower and removes some of that goofy surprised look the figure has. Like the chin, I'm kinda hoping it might be possible to improve that with some futzing as well.

I quickly, and I mean quickly just lightened up the fur on the original Chewie, the one on the right is def a Chewie face photoshopped on the hot toys figure.

4lkdms%20copy.png
[/URL][/IMG]

But that's part of an actual Chewie face photoshopped onto the Hot Toys head?
Not a regrade, repaint, lightening digital or not?

Not saying a bit of a retouch wouldn't help, but it would NEVER look like that it's structurally different.

I quickly, and I mean quickly just lightened up the fur on the original Chewie, the one on the right is def a Chewie face photoshopped on the hot toys figure.

4lkdms%20copy.png
[/URL][/IMG]

:goodpost:

I gotta say its hard to tell but, to me, the "adjusted" Chewie looks like a detailed work-up in PS to improve Chewie's face in a number of ways but it doesn't look like a direct cut-and-paste job to me. But it isn't simply dialing up the contrast and hue that's for sure. It's more like painting over Chewie's face to make it look better in several ways, not just coloring.

Yeah, have to say it's confusing, as my assumption from the original post was that only the colouring had been manipulated and not the actual face.

Yeah, have to say it's confusing, as my assumption from the original post was that only the colouring had been manipulated and not the actual face.

It was pretty easy to see that the fur was different, but it's always possible to futz/comb that way. What's not changed are the structural elements. But all this is besides the point because most people know all this and can see that it was an illustration showing what might be possible to be done "with the fur." No one needed to take time out to say it wasn't possible nor that the photo and what Mandible described was BS, in whatever manner or with however many words.

If futzing the figure improves it, coloring the dark fur to be more representative of the costume's coloring will only step it up to the next level.

I gotta say its hard to tell but, to me, the "adjusted" Chewie looks like a detailed work-up in PS to improve Chewie's face in a number of ways but it doesn't look like a direct cut-and-paste job to me. But it isn't simply dialing up the contrast and hue that's for sure. It's more like painting over Chewie's face to make it look better in several ways, not just coloring.

It is. Just overlaying parts of a movie still. Pretty simple to do if the angle is correct. Look at the corner of the lip on right of frame, it's movie Chewie's lip. The nose, eyes and mouth interior are HT as he stated. But the rest isn't recoloured HT, it's the real deal, movie Chewie.

And to anyone *ahem* who says it's futzing. It was done to someone else's picture, not in hand. :lol
You can see the cut off line on the blue highlight on the forehead.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-08%20at%2018.56.02_zpsx671jbkw.png

Last edited:
It was pretty easy to see that the fur was different, but it's always possible to futz/comb that way. What's not changed are the structural elements. But all this is besides the point because most people know all this and can see that it was an illustration showing what might be possible to be done "with the fur." No one needed to take time out to say it wasn't possible nor that the photo and what Mandible described was BS, in whatever manner or with however many words.

If futzing the figure improves it, coloring the dark fur to be more representative of the costume's coloring will only step it up to the next level.

Yeah I'm not really seeing much change to the structure of the face either (other than to the brow). It really just comes down to the lighter hair and the different direction some of that hair is combed in.

Back