1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Pixel/Wor - and all those that saw what I was simply trying to do. :duff

I did laugh at the Chewie-gate comment.

Thanks Pixel/Wor - and all those that saw what I was simply trying to do. :duff

I did laugh at the Chewie-gate comment.

Mandible, I think you should read the entire conversation again, I don't think anyone but one person insinuated anything negative in your regards.
He said you should've been called out for being disingenuous BS, whereas most rational people me included said it was most likely an unclarity of words/description in regards to what had been done to the picture. Some people have an uncanny ability here to jump ship when the water is coming in. It's all there for you to see/read yourself, unless he has started deleting or editing posts after the fact which he has been known to do. :lol
:duff
And nice PS I'm a commercial PS user myself.

Last edited:
Well, if someone out there can do a good job customising the hair colour to Chewie's real hair colour, let me know.

Um, go back to fighting, I'm gonna have another beer.

Just got word from my local retailer that Han and Chewie are ready for collection next week.

More spending.... :monkey4

He said you should've been called out for being disingenuous BS,

Always making things up, it's why you're a class act. I said YOU were being disingenuous and that if YOU were trying to call Mandible a liar you should do that and not beat around the bush with YOUR BS. Understand this, there was never any argument about Mandible's post, it was about YOUR posts - those were the only ones causing problems. Anyone that can read knows the truth, including Mandible.

Always making things up, it's why you're a class act. I said YOU were being disingenuous and that if YOU were trying to call Mandible a liar you should do that and not beat around the bush with YOUR BS. Understand this, there was never any argument about Mandible's post, it was about YOUR posts - those were the only ones causing problems. Anyone that can read knows the truth, including Mandible.

The only person on this thread that suggested calling mandible a liar was you Pixelpiper. I said quite the opposite, but you told me what i should say, then asked me to apologise to Mandible for what you told me to say. That's some serious twisted **** right there. Now do me a favour and put me on ignore. You jumped on a comment which wasn't aimed at you and have clogged this thread with your ******** for long enough. The number of messages I've gotten since yesterday from other members about your trolling has been heart warming. Now climb back into that psychotic hole of yours and leave me out of your twisted fantasies. :lol

Then you're calling him a liar. So if that's the case, don't beat around the bush with some BS disingenuous series of questions and just come out and accuse him of lying.

You should probably just walk away.
To be fair, Rory didn't call him a liar from what I can tell. He just interprets what he said differently.

Anyone fancy a good read, go back to the start of this and see just how deep Pixelpiper's psychosis goes...

Well it still may be possible to lay some lighter hair over the existing hair, perhaps by gluing it down with something not too strong (like a light pass from a glue stick). And then you could have the hair going in whatever direction you wanted.

It would be delicate work, but I suspect the end results would still look a lot better than from painting (which I just really don't see working too well, or not looking like ugly painted hair in the end).

This is along the lines of what I said several pages back. In theory, a fine powder or misty (almost 'dust') application from an airbrush could work; but it'd take a ridiculously light touch and practice on something else -- something cheap -- before even attempting it.

Ideally you'd separate thin layers/sections of hair you wanted to apply the colour to by means of a card or foil, masking everything else and hitting only a few strands at a time. That would circumvent clumping and over-saturation.

Adding strands of lighter coloured hairs (I might harvest them from good quality paintbrushes...horsehair/camel-hair, whatever) would be meticulous and time-consuming but maybe the better option. I work in creative and I'm a trained goldsmith, so meticulous and tedious work isn't exactly new to me, but I'm not likely* to pick up Chewbacca anyway so I'll leave it to someone else to attempt.

The problem with that is you could find yourself altering the contours and shape, adding too much material...hard to say without a visual inspection of the actual figure.

My final thoughts on Chewie without having seen him in-hand...he's one hell of an impressive figure and iconic Star Wars. The OT wouldn't be what it is without him, but I'm just not a big fan of the character. Re-watching ESB, I actually found his braying and yowling annoying. It's kind of a love-hate thing with him, to be honest.

If Hot Toys had nailed the underlying structure of his face better...the brows, the set of the eyes...I may have been more easily swayed. But looking at in-hand photos of a properly futzed figure...he's pretty damn great. The pros outweigh the cons by a fair margin.

*(I say "not likely" because you never know. ;) ...but if I was sold on him I would have bought one by now already.)

All can say is.......on chewbacca hair argument

Unless one you crazy bastards are gonna take your chewbacca's to the salon with your Aragon figure and both get thier hair done drop it, stop the bull.:slap be happy your still not waiting for ever for him.:impatient:

If want his hair color look lighter take pic's during day time light. I'm sure we will get another chewbacca release because of the multiple Falcon dio's released in future , hot toys will perfect him hopefully better next time. Then u can rip Chews head off n replace n bragg u have the best Wookie in the galaxy.:lol

Funny as hell some must perfect everything to the point of no enjoyment just smoke or drink something n sit back and enjoy it.:wave
Now Matrix Para and all who has him spam this thread with great Chewbacca pic's please.......:r2d2line

1_zps6lhmw4ra.jpg
2_zps0xlbigoo.jpg

1_zpsdbd94e2f.jpg

O.K i'd repp u Rory if could lol:lol Kenny look's funny as hell in r2 just need Anthony giving him the stink eye to him.:r2d2line and Warrick stabbing them with spear.Time to watch Willow again for some reason now lol. If ever watched a Idiot abroad with Carl n Warrrick its a funny time killer.

This is along the lines of what I said several pages back. In theory, a fine powder or misty (almost 'dust') application from an airbrush could work; but it'd take a ridiculously light touch and practice on something else -- something cheap -- before even attempting it.

Yeah if one was going to paint it, an airbrush would definitely be the best way to go, versus trying to drybrush it by hand or something.

Back