1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotten use to people buying a brand figure and start into customizing the figure as soon as get they get them. It's part of the fun 4 some of us collector's to tweak them for better or a must of articulation from cape's to whatever to painting it over. A lot of great custom's people on the board. I dont see any mods needed on this release. Its your figure mod or no mod understand we all want perfect out of the box and to me he is.

It might work, all depends on how much hair you free up. Not sure if they have light tan mascara though. :lol

Ask your girlfriend, but I think their powder/base/whatever is best because its very, very fine "paint" essentially and doesn't 'clump'. My girl had a plethora of colors and brushes to choose from. I used a very light tan color of something. :)

The glue on mine was so hard and brittle I'm not sure any water would have loosened it up. I think I'm pretty much done at this point, even though I still have a lot of stuck hair.

I'm almost tempted to buy a 2nd head for fun just to try and see what I can get out of this without fear of ruining my only copy.

Oh hell yeah!!!!

Quick question for those with this in hand.... if you go full ROTJ with the teased-out fuzzy hair look, can the head fur be returned to the slicked-down ANH look, or does it get frizzed so it won't lay flat anymore?

I'm hoping to be able to switch between looks occasionally.

Quick question for those with this in hand.... if you go full ROTJ with the teased-out fuzzy hair look, can the head fur be returned to the slicked-down ANH look, or does it get frizzed so it won't lay flat anymore?

I'm hoping to be able to switch between looks occasionally.

The hair is pretty easy to manipulate, so it should be possible to comb it back pretty tight again by using a bit of water (although I haven't tried it yet myself). Although since the hair has already been loosened up it probably won't have quite the same sleek and shiny look it had with the glue.

My Chewbacca arrived today and I must say that I'm very impressed with the figure. The head looks pretty good and looks like it doesn't need much futzing . The only complaint I have is I wish the bag opening didn't have straps that need to be undone to open the bag, I wanted to put something in the bag to weigh it down a bit so it would hang better. The straps are too small for me to try to manipulate too open. Otherwise I'm more than happy I reordered the figure after the first scary pics came out of the production figure. Still not dumping my SS stuff in favor of HT but on board for ROTJ Boba .

Back