1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there a lot of criticism in regards to this figure but its strange that how the pictures just don't do it justice. Its a figure you have to see in person to appreciate. (unless your DaveJames)
On that note, all the pictures I see seem to embellish and exaggerate the tiny micro fuzz fibers in his face. In all actuality, the figure looks very sleek, uniform hair pattern, and handsomely constructed in real life.

yes...The face is a bit dark but this figure should be applauded for how nice it still looks.

:goodpost:

That pretty much summarizes it.

I keep going to fix the fur color, then I pick him up and go "Chewwwyy!" and leave him be.:dunno

My second Chewy gets here tomorrow!:yess:

Yeah I have no desire whatsoever to mod the hair (or anything) on this figure. I love him how he is, and my second Chewie should be here pretty soon and I don't think I'll do anything to him either.

7ca4a24b7ada529ffc932b7a7cb37143.jpg

A very quick pic after I unboxed the set last night. I know there are some niggles but I was like a kid again when I opened these two up.

So how do you get free shipping from Forbidden Planet? Is there a code?

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

I think anything over $50 is free shipping. There's a UPS ground option. Unless that was just a cyber Monday deal.

Congrats! Yeah, I order all my stuff from SSC and missed out on both Han and Chewie; I thought they'd be around at least a couple weeks after they were available for shipping. :gah:

I took some new pictures of Chewie under LED spot lights - it picked up the different tones in the figure. What do you think?

ad0581ca3c161de24e66174c4bcba20f.jpg
e0499a8be0d943e4ee41250e08259c3e.jpg
a8147fd9ab8e1a11f822a3426d3e16ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I need to get Han to complete the look!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Have you given up on Han and Chewie? Or are you still looking to buy them.

I'm still looking to buy them but everything is being released at the same time; I just picked up Obi-Wan, Luke is on PO, and Vader will be on PO...probably tonight. I'm thinking Luke and Vader will drop at nearly the same time.

I would look into grabbing a Chewie now before he jumps in price on the secondary market. Maybe flex one of those other figures to delay their arrival a bit, while spreading out the $$ pain of all these releases. Forbidden Planet NYC seems to be the last place that has Chewie at retail ($255 and free US shipping). Tried looking around a bit more but couldn't find any other retailers with him still in stock.

I would look into grabbing a Chewie now before he jumps in price on the secondary market. Maybe flex one of those other figures to delay their arrival a bit, while spreading out the $$ pain of all these releases. Forbidden Planet NYC seems to be the last place that has Chewie at retail ($255 and free US shipping). Tried looking around a bit more but couldn't find any other retailers with him still in stock.

NYC? Whatt.................? Thanks. Saw your suggestion the other day, but figured UK to US would kill me. Had no idea there was a NYC site....

Even though I have the two pack, the single packs are gonna be very popular too - hoping for 1st version and 2nd version with both.....and free shipping via UPS no tax - excellent deal Thanks a lot. REPPED!

Last edited:
I was surprised to hear of Forbidden Planet NYC...used to go to the London and Cambridge stores quite alot when I lived in the UK. Didn't know they were here in the US until I read the above posts.

NYC? Whatt.................? Thanks. Saw your suggestion the other day, but figured UK to US would kill me. Had no idea there was a NYC site....

Even though I have the two pack, the single packs are gonna be very popular too - hoping for 1st version and 2nd version with both.....and free shipping via UPS no tax - excellent deal Thanks a lot. REPPED!

:duff

I was surprised to hear of Forbidden Planet NYC...used to go to the London and Cambridge stores quite alot when I lived in the UK. Didn't know they were here in the US until I read the above posts.

Yeah, I'm not sure if they're connected or not, websites look very different. I really need to keep a few more stores on my radar for deals. It's starting to seem like it pays to hold off on pre-ordering in a lot of cases, but I have no patience and it's nice to just order something with a coupon from SS and just forget about it. :lol

Back