1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bunch of folks just purchased from them the other day as they had a Cyber Monday deal on several items (not chewie or han though). I got a stormtrooper set from them earlier in the year with no issues. I'm next door in CT so the shipping was real quick for me.

I'm hoping for a second one... I'm waitlisted at SSC and would love to have another to create a "mouth swapping" Chewie. I suspect if HT does do another incarnation, that might be a gimmick they'd pursue... It seams simple enough to do and little danger of visible seem lines (if done right).

...but who knows?

Well TonTon you talked me into it, I just ordered Chewie from Forbidden Planet. It's such a great looking representation of the character, I couldn't see myself passing it up and potentially paying lots more for it later. Han will have to come later so I'm hoping his value doesn't jump too fast. I'm also going to order Vader from SSC and use my $75 in rewards points...should take some of the sting out. Thanks for the push!

No, private sale. That's what pushed me over; I was able to see the fur colour first. Of course, if the camera was blowing it out, I may still get a melanistic Wookie. :slap

I don't know if I got the last one but Forbidden Planet appears to be out of Chewie; the link that allowed me to order now shows "page cannot be displayed." I'm really glad I was able to get one at retail. My wallet will be hurting for a little while, I just received Obi-Wan and have Chewie, 3PO, Luke, and Vader on order...but I'm guessing I'm not the only one in that boat.

Got my second Chewy - he's pretty much a carbon copy of the first one. Faces look identical, though the second one has a little more hairspray or whatever it is that holds the fur in place.

This one will be the ROTJ version so will need to get to work on the ROTJ Chewy 'do.

Due to a mix-up with the charge, the CC company gave me a $20 credit toward the purchase, so this turned out to be around $200 shipped. So maybe I'll feel better about taking a drybrush to the fur now.

Is there any member that had a damaged Chewie head replaced? Do you still have the damaged head, I'd be interested in buying it.

Has anybody ordered from Hobbybunker? I ordered a Chewie and now the product page is gone. Hope my order ships.

Big Bad just put up another Chewie so I jumped on it. If my one from Hobbybunker ships I can sell it. ;)

Back