1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, does the Han & Chewie set all come with Blaster Rifle and Stormtrooper belt?
ie BBTS doesn't list it, but other places do and was wondering if they were just cut & pasting Sideshows exclusive...

Hey, does the Han & Chewie set all come with Blaster Rifle and Stormtrooper belt?
ie BBTS doesn't list it, but other places do and was wondering if they were just cut & pasting Sideshows exclusive...

Yes, the double pack comes with those as standard.

Just got word that my Chewie arrived at my house today! :)
Of course it was my wife that notified me, expressing confusion on a figure I hadn't told her about arriving on the doorstep...
I've been rumbled :pow

Attachments

• Chewie.JPG
    Chewie.JPG
    63.7 KB

It actually was listed on the BBTS site:

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - 1/6 Han Solo & Chewbacca Set - Star Wars Hot Toys 12" Hot Toys

This Collectible Figure Set will include an additional Stormtrooper belt and blaster rifle for Han Solo and an additional heavy blaster for Chewbacca.

Got mine....I just opened it to check it over, I don't actually have anywhere at the moment to display it so it went back into the box. But man, awesome figure. The face doesn't appear any lighter than others on here, looks identical. Love the bowcaster too....really happy I jumped in and got this one. :)

mines still in transit :( strangely going from melbourne aussie to LA to Massachusetts ? now in New Jersey? and then hopefully back to me in SF california?

taking the long way for sure but just adds to the anticipation :)

Yes. I spent about 30 minutes tonight combing him and it works wonders for the hair and the tone. There is alot of light hair on him and once you start brushing the entire coat it comes out from being burried under the fur from packaging. I did surmass a small hairball but nothing too much from brushing the entire figure.

So for people that are worried you will brush his fur off, you won't. It is very well put together and he looks 10 times better once the comb has lifted whatever glue or gel HT had applied at the factory.

This is a bang-on post. Gently teasing out all the matting that the figure exhibits straight out of the box is the only way to get that Wookie sheen happening. I'm not sure I'd be applying any foreign hair agent to the fur, but the slightest touch of water helps smooth and straighten, and pressing back down with the reverse of the Wookie comb keeps everything nicely in place with minimal-to-zero frizz. HT certainly took their time selecting the right hair fibres for this figure, and Chewie looks far closer to screen accuracy when you spend some quality futz/grooming time with him.

mines still in transit :( strangely going from melbourne aussie to LA to Massachusetts ? now in New Jersey? and then hopefully back to me in SF california?

taking the long way for sure but just adds to the anticipation :)

Just so you know, Chewie has been delayed due to a last-minute reroute to Kashyyyk. Life day, ya'll. ;)

Luckily my last flex payment cleared just before black Friday when Bacca was in stock. I think sideshow are shipping straight from Hong Kong to mainland Europe these days. Which is a good thing as the custom charge is less and he gets to the UK within 3-4 working days. Anyway, here are a few quick snaps. I went with the ESB look to go with battle damaged Luke.

DSC06377.jpg
DSC06379.jpg

Back