1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face is supposed to be flush with the lips, on mine as you can just about see, it's around a millimetre short.

5f7f8037a18235878b5c2b44dce53928.jpg

I really like this photo.

It looks like it can be glued down

Unfortunately not, it's not actually sticking up away from the face. It's just a smidge too short. I was having such a good run, Obi Wan was perfect. And then thses two turn up and Han's been damaged by the packaging and Chewie's deformed :gah:

It wouldn't be a problem usually, however the seller has sold out.

Unfortunately not, it's not actually sticking up away from the face. It's just a smidge too short. I was having such a good run, Obi Wan was perfect. And then thses two turn up and Han's been damaged by the packaging and Chewie's deformed :gah:

It wouldn't be a problem usually, however the seller has sold out.

what happened to han?

what happened to han?

The packaging on the two pack has a spike with a piece of soft plastic cloth on the end, to hold the figure's head in place. It's given Han a nice horse shoe shaped scar on his bonce. It looks like he drank too much in the cantina an head-butted his glass.

Creighton, very well done(!); please tell us about your technique and the product you used to bring the figure to life.

Basically,
1. Carefully brush out all of the factory spray starch. Don't brush too hard or over brush as you can rip hair out or inadvertenly create a Teddy bear.
2. Use a hair shine serum to bring back the shine of the fur after brushing. Don't directly apply to the figure. Put it sparingly on your finger tips and style the fur.
3. Use afro wax to hold or clump hairs together to make Chewie look more screen accurate matted hair. Again, apply sparingly on fingertips with water and work into the fur carefully.
4. style with a comb or pick end
5. Enjoy your new look:)

Basically,
1. Carefully brush out all of the factory spray starch. Don't brush too hard or over brush as you can rip hair out or inadvertenly create a Teddy bear.
2. Use a hair shine serum to bring back the shine of the fur after brushing. Don't directly apply to the figure. Put it sparingly on your finger tips and style the fur.
3. Use afro wax to hold or clump hairs together to make Chewie look more screen accurate matted hair. Again, apply sparingly on fingertips with water and work into the fur carefully.

Thanks Creighton. Hair shine serum?

Basically,

I'm time poor. You lost me at "carefully brush out all of the factory spray starch". Well it was worth it, it looks great :hi5:

I'm time poor. You lost me at "carefully brush out all of the factory spray starch". Well it was worth it, it looks great :hi5:

That is the truth! Its way time consuming but my Chewie was so flat and matted from the factory. It looked terrible. I plan on never reposing.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    858.9 KB
Is there anywhere to still get these at retail or close?

Forbidden Planet NYC still has Han Solo for retail (and free US shipping). Also midtown comics has Han for retail too and if you use their app on your first purchase i think you get 20% off. Chewbacca can't seem to find at retail anymore.

That is the truth! Its way time consuming but my Chewie was so flat and matted from the factory. It looked terrible. I plan on never reposing.

After applying all of that product to your Chewie, what kind of residue or smell did it leave? Is the fur greasy now?

Back