1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a chewy in my life anybody looking to sell me there haha? Cheapest one I can see is like £350 on eBay :( haha

I dont know how the fur will take it but I usually drop the whole hand in boiling water to soften up the plastic then dig it out with a small screwdriver, it pops right out.

I definitely wouldn't try boiling water on the Chewy hands. Instead, try using a hairdryer on a low setting. Takes a bit of time, but it's safer.

You guys think hot toys will release chewie from first order? I missed out on him!

Got my Chewie for Christmas. Although I've complained in the past that the likeness is off-and it is-I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the figure. It looks great! Now all I have to do is comb out the fur that seems matted to the body.

I so want this figure, I know a LOT of Hot Toys look way better in hand than any picture can convey and I have seen some decent futzing but every time I really look at the photos he seems so cross eyed and "off" I'm afraid to put the order in, please someone convince me because I needs me some wookie!!!

I have been lucky enough to receive 5 HT Star Wars figures (stormtrooper/spacetrooper/han solo/chewie/vadar) over xmas and without doubt Chewie is the one I would not Part with. I am by no means a pro at the futzing, most of my figures look like they do as i take them out of the box and Chewie is absolutely perfect in hand. The Hair falls perfectly, no visible joints and just a perfect rendition of the character. I say go for it, he IS Star Wars for me. Even without Han he displays beautifully.

It's prolly the best chewie out there so far. In terms of 1/6 and 1/4 scale.

It's a shrunken down miniature of the actual thing, in hand. image.jpeg

I just can't see it. I look at this figure time and time again and I just don't know why so many people like it. I understand it is probably the best 1/6 Chewie out there, but I have seen it in-hand and in pics and IMO (humbly) I think this is just one of those situations where nostalgia and fandom is winning over essence.
I still can't buy a figure for that price I have to futz with ( to the degree I've read and seen is necessary) to display decently. So I am with you. Too many other great figures coming up with little to no futzing required.

Mine is box fresh. Haven't done any mod or anything, asides posing and futzing the figure with the weapon. I prolly spent more time with Luke than with chewie.

One of the best figures of the year. No sense having a Star Wars collection without Chewie! Doesn't take much time at all to brush the hair and get him looking stellar.

Yesterday, my brother took the brush and gave my second one a ROTJ look. Chewbacca is an attention grabber. Everyone loves how realistic he is. Truly one of a kind.

I just can't see it. I look at this figure time and time again and I just don't know why so many people like it. I understand it is probably the best 1/6 Chewie out there, but I have seen it in-hand and in pics and IMO (humbly) I think this is just one of those situations where nostalgia and fandom is winning over essence.
I still can't buy a figure for that price I have to futz with ( to the degree I've read and seen is necessary) to display decently. So I am with you. Too many other great figures coming up with little to no futzing required.

Han and Chewie and both fantastic figures. I do not know how any other company can make a better representation of the figure and execute it better. The minor nits with the eyes and a darker face are easy to get over. All that is needed is a little time with a plastic comb fixing the packaged bunching of the fur coat and he is stellar. Damn close to figure of the year for me as well.

Back