1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to use a little bit of warm water on mine. The glue was pretty thick on mine, but the comb helped loosen the fur from the face and chin.

Has anyone tried to modify the mouth? Is it possible to close it slightly more than what it is out of the box? Or in fact open the mouth wider?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I found a Chewy on the bay that I was watching for several days. AND THEN, I get my ebay notification for EBAY BUCKS!!!! All that Christmas shopping on the bay paid off!! I snatched that Chewy and with the ebay bucks, got him for practically nothing! :blissy:fireworks

What a Wookie!

8fe0c45494b4f8a99ae65d79915fbfa1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely love this picture!! Chewbacca looks great there mate!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks! That's his current pose.

Beautiful Chewbacca...

Thanks Wor. I almost passed on this...glad I didn't.

Impressive. Fantastic picture.

Thanks!

:clap

Your pose was just stolen.

High praise! :duff

what did you use to lighten his fur?

Nothing. His fur has been gently combed out which did appear to lighten it up as the layers separated; as mentioned I was going to pass on this figure because I wasn't sure what I would get out of the box. Some people think there are production variances, others think not. I'm not so sure. I had a chance to see this before I bought it and the fur looked good to me even before I combed it.

These shots are lit brightly by indirect daylight; he does appear slightly darker in other light but the photos are pretty faithful to his actual appearance.

Hey guys! So I finally got mine in today, and he's freaking AMAZING!!! Now, in saying that, what's the best way to loosen the glue around his chin/face area? I heard warm water does the trick. Is that right? Just want to give him more of a glorious hairy beast look! :p

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Hey guys! So I finally got mine in today, and he's freaking AMAZING!!! Now, in saying that, what's the best way to loosen the glue around his chin/face area? I heard warm water does the trick. Is that right? Just want to give him more of a glorious hairy beast look! :p

Glad you like him, Schlenderman! He's an amazing figure. That's what I did. If it doesn't loosen easily by itself, then put a little warm water and massage the chin. Took me a while on mine (5-10 minutes of repeat and rinse). Some of the figures have so much spray/glue that it really takes a lot of time to loosen it as it's rock hard at first.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Thanks for the quick reply man! I tried the warm water trick, and it worked perfectly! Mine was a little more on the hot side, but it managed to get through the chin hair in two swipes through! I'll do a bit more later, but he looks perfect! Definitely figure of the year for last year, and possibly this year! :D

Congrats! Do you have Han or passing on the scoundrel?

Thanks guys, somehow I knew it would happen -- but am grateful as I hear HT has no interest in doing another Chewie. As far as Han, I'm waiting for the Besbin Han carbonite set. I just hope I don't get a dark hair return Chewie. Gonna call SSC tomorrow and make sure it's factory sealed, that way I at least have a chance of getting a lighter haired Chewbacca.

Anyway, this was almost a miss for me, as was Ben -- wasn't sure about either, then when I learned they probably wouldn't do another Chewie these ran short, then sold out everywhere in a natter of days. So I'm really happy to have both of these iconic OT figures before they were gone.

Last edited:
fc59bf32dae265490b60f89564b11e77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FANTASTIC! Glad to see some people owing up to this figures main fault . Lots of people denied it at first. Its awesome to see what a little attention can do to get him looking right.

Seeing some amazing pics now! If only we could fix poor Han so easily. Whats with Harrison face? Is it a twilight zone for sculptors? No one gets it right....

Back