1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are very few of these on eBay. Makes me think there's not too many around...

Armymedic1980, which figure did you go on the waitlist for (the Chewie single or the two-pack?) and what date was that?

The Chewie single. It was in November on the same day it went to WL then approx 2 or 3 weeks later, I got converted. You have to keep your eye on whatever you want everyday and when it goes to WL, get on it quickly and you got a 100% probability of conversion.

My Chewie all nice and futzed :rock

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These is zero comparison between this on and others on this thread when comparing color around the muzzle....i would love to know why this is. Is it really the gel or spray they used? Some of this pics show a chewie with a near black muzzle....or Like this with a much close shade... Whats the deal?? Did you clean every stand too?

There are very few of these on eBay. Makes me think there's not too many around...

When people buy them, they seem incredibly happy with it. I have noticed there are not many out there.....man, glad I bought an extra. Gonna sell that one for 10 Million at least a year from now. Hopefully to some rich Saudi Arabian ahole collector with more money than sense. Viva Greed!!!!!!!

Fantastic job!!! Aside from the fur futzing, did you color it as well? Mine looks WAY darker, all around. Your's looks amazing!!

It really does...please share your secret!!!

I think we need some before and after shots,showing the difference futzing makes to colour.
I haven't messed with mine yet.I will take a photo tomorrow before i futz and after.

image.jpg
Will use my camera tomorrow,not iPhone.
When I take him out to compare.Although you can see the lighter hair showing unbrushed.

The Chewie single. It was in November on the same day it went to WL then approx 2 or 3 weeks later, I got converted. You have to keep your eye on whatever you want everyday and when it goes to WL, get on it quickly and you got a 100% probability of conversion.

Thanks, Armymedic. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to decide on wanting the set, seems like in a matter of weeks the availability changed so dramatically across the board both on eBay and the usual online sellers, which prices going from the reasonable $500 range to several hundreds at the present. I read a couple of other threads on this board about Hot Toys' mysterious production numbers and for certain figures that they anticipate to be popular, they went from WL to "in stock" and back to WL a few times over. But then again, there are those that were permanently sold out and I hope that's not the case with the Han Solo and Chewie set.

Very impressed with Chewie.
I picked him up today and will get around to setting him up with Han at some point tonight.
I've been enjoying a Star Wars week, what with the new movie, watching the bluray set thru from the start, and of course, Hot Toys Chewie.

Chewie has instantly become my favorite Hot Toys figure.
I'd decided to get no more SW figures after the Hoth Luke set. However.....
How can you not buy these figures. These are the figures that the 12 year old me would have loved back in the day, but of course I would never have been able to get them.

Thanks, Armymedic. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to decide on wanting the set, seems like in a matter of weeks the availability changed so dramatically across the board both on eBay and the usual online sellers, which prices going from the reasonable $500 range to several hundreds at the present. I read a couple of other threads on this board about Hot Toys' mysterious production numbers and for certain figures that they anticipate to be popular, they went from WL to "in stock" and back to WL a few times over. But then again, there are those that were permanently sold out and I hope that's not the case with the Han Solo and Chewie set.

The AOU Cap America, the 2 set Storm troopers, single Stormtrooper, Han Solo and now this Chewie were sold out very quickly. And I believe that SS might only get 2 batches so if you can't get on that 2nd batch, then you are at the mercy of the secondary market that want to charge double and triple of the original cost. You gotta keep your eyes on these things everyday and get on that WL quickly so you got an excellent chance of converting. Right now, keep your eye on Luke, cause that exclusive is gonna go next and then you gotta take the regular and miss out on the stormtrooper belt and blaster.

Modded my chewie slightly tonight. Highlighted the face a little bit.

Let me know what you think!

6418ca482e9d646943bc7bc57270f57e.jpg
46b8d38fb404910aa311ca4250db08f5.jpg
d8e90e3a1c404a051b536996cfb9aa51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back