1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't.....feed the scalpers..... Patience my young Padawan. Keep hunting beats and you will find him.....soon you will be with him.....

In all seriousness . I hunted a Jack Sparrow and DX joker for a long time, finally got them for very close to retail....and much cheaper than normal.
I do not think any figure will really hold it price that high forever. Well maybe Davey Jones and Godfather....

The search is half the fun!!!!

I'm on the lookout everyday Ill find him sooner or later..............:D

I love this figure! Like Obi Wan it's almost perfect right out of the box. You really need to futz with the hair to get it to look the best, but it's great!!! I did recolour the hair here and there as well as the mouth to make it more movie accurate, but with futzing you're 90% there.
View attachment 236562

Wow, that looks amazing. Well done!

One more for fun:
IMG_8674.jpg

Thats obviously someones sideshow "bash for replacement" figure. Wow, anyone that buys that for 200 bills is off their rocker. Shameful.
I would use that as dye test donor fur or throw in the trash.

I guess that answers the question a while back...if Chewie's mouth could be adjusted. :horror
Yeah.....that defo answers my question lol..

Futzed Chewie a bit more tonight. My favourite figure from 2015!

d959fb94293b1715b0ab0ff066cdfd07.jpg
334cd2e35e867665e1b8ae774aa04ee6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GIVE CHEWIE A HAIRCUT:

This is for all the people who asked for tips on getting Chewie more accurate: Give him a haircut. There is a long wiry moustache on top of the mouth that can take some trimming. With my figures there were also some loose strands underneath the eyes that needed to be plucked.

Then start brushing:
-Free everything around the mouth. That's way too flat, giving him a very pronounced snout
-Then comb down underneath the eyes
-Comb up over the eyes and go left/right respectively after about 5 mm
-Go to the sides at the side of the eyes.
-Make sure everything is flat on the scalp and all the way down the back of the head. Just flat against the scalp.
-Then start to tidy everything up.
-Start a few curls downward from the side of the face.
-Brush the chin hairs down and don't push them back against the chin.

Final tip: Chewie has a brow ridge. So I got an elastic band and put it just over the brow, where you want the hair 'dented'. Spray some hairspray and smooth it out. Then wait 30 minutes and remove the elastic band.

Hope this helps
haircut.jpg

Great work BuGz!

This figure is amazing. There's not a chewy like another chewy. Everyone has got his unique chewy. Wich other figure can give us this feeling? I think that my little wookiee will give me a lot of satisfaction in the future!

Back