1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work BuGz!

This figure is amazing. There's not a chewy like another chewy. Everyone has got his unique chewy. Wich other figure can give us this feeling? I think that my little wookiee will give me a lot of satisfaction in the future!
Thanks man!! [emoji5]

Yeah each chewbacca is different from the rest! By far the best figure of 2015!

f9e44ff337099871c52a5cd546de8fb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Seen the han/chewie set go for $1089 yesterday on Australia ebay site.
***n crazy days.
The wook is my fav character and I love HT had the balls to do it!
Figure of 2015 for sure.

Ok, your face fur looks lighter than most images I've seen. Did you color it? Is it the lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did color it using Vallejo khaki, chocolate and black. Then just mix and use very small quantities. Be sure to rub it out to make it subtle or the hair will look too thick once the paint hardens

Yes I did color it using Vallejo khaki, chocolate and black. Then just mix and use very small quantities. Be sure to rub it out to make it subtle or the hair will look too thick once the paint hardens

Awesome, thanks!

TIP:
Here is a comparison between your pic and my figure, out of the box as well as after all my work. I've tried and you can most easily lighten him with Tamiya weathering powder with the color Light Sand (Amazon.com: Tamiya 87079 Weathering Master A Set - Sand, Light Sand, Mud: Toys & Games) and a subtle touch with a brush.

View attachment 237112

Thanks Jazz! I can definitely see where you applied it. I keep looking at the promo shot and his face looks dirty blonde almost. When I look at the figure it's like the lightest tone of his fur is what the face should be. I'm wondering since the face is so dark that maybe the areas that need to be lightened need to have a white base so the light brown/sand color can really take.

That would help but impossible to do after the fur is applied I think. I plan to apply the powder some more and call it quits

I found this was the only way to get Chewie into a Detolf without purposely bending his legs; anyone else using the display bases like this? What's good for him is good for everyone else.

IMG_7784.JPG

You may have just started something Tinman. That looks great and would make better use of connecting the pieces for a floor!

Cool, I didn't think it was anything new but hadn't seen it before; after adding Ikea Dioder lighting to the case I wanted to get him behind glass.

gohastings.com has Chewie in stock for $293.24. Just passing it along.

Rep points received, thanks guys! For the SW figures, I really see no need for the name plates anyway...if you don't know that's Chewbacca, what are you doing in my display room?! It'll also give Darth a little more headroom.

BTW, since I posted that pic I futzed with Chewie a little more...now he looks more Chewbacca-like.

The other thing you guys are proving is that this Chewie is fairly easy to customize to your own specs to make him that much more to your specific liking, which is not always.the.case with these figures. For me, I like him as is. No need to lighten. Just a bit of futzing and posing.

AktyJD.jpg

Back