1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody any serious answer?

m.
If he looks fine to you in pictures or in person then I'm not sure what issue you're looking for. Some people don't think he looks good, fur too dark, eyes too close together, mouth too pink, stuff like that. I see those issues but still think he looks amazing on my shelf.

Nobody any serious answer?

m.

Chewie is worth getting and that's coming from an SS diehard, people do have issues with the fur colors and then eyes but lets face it , no one else has done a Chewie at this level , it's definitely worth your time and money. Now the Han on the other hand is for another time.

What's with Han?
m.

I have ANH HT Han. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best mass-produced 12-inch Han Solo ever made from any manufacturer (Hasbro, Medicom and Sideshow) and any version (Hoth, Endor, Bespin, etc., etc.), and it's certainly better than a certain custom I've seen posted here numerous times and many members here except one share my opinion. I've read complaints about the boots...didn't seem to be an issue; complaints about the bland facial expression...no problem with me; complaints about the clothing, as if Han wore Gucci, no sweat, lol. It's a $230 figure, not a $700 figure that I would expect to have pores and functional sweat glands.

I'd read Michael Crawford's review in my earlier post. Here's his recap:

Overall - ***1/2
I have to be honest - I didn't think I'd like this pair in hand as much as I do. I was not thrilled with the look of Han from the start, and the SDCC Chewbacca had far too much snout. But once I had a chance to futz around a bit with Chewie, and look closely at Han in hand, I ended up scoring these a good half star higher than I had expected.

Chewie is worth getting and that's coming from an SS diehard, people do have issues with the fur colors and then eyes but lets face it , no one else has done a Chewie at this level , it's definitely worth your time and money. Now the Han on the other hand is for another time.

Yeah, I had Han, sat with it for a while and resold it.

Didn't love the shirt or boots but overall the outfit was incredibly well done far and away the best in 1/6 - the head... not so much. I'm severely bummed that HT is dragging their feet on revealing their Bespin Han, or even showing their updated Han Stormie head (maybe at SDCC?) I really want to see HT show a Han sculpt that is as close likeness-wise as their Leia.

Between their Indy and the two versions of the current Han, they have delivered pretty underwhelming results, even though repaints have revealed that both the Indy and Han have a decent amount of HF likeness in there. Interesting to see JazzInc's HT ANH Han repaint that really brought out the likeness - not often you see custom paint outdo HT's apps (though he did tweak the sculpt a little.)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Finally opened them up for my birthday last week. I really dig Han but Chewbacca is probably my favourite SW 1/6 at the moment. Just amazing!

A couple of Instagrammed pics:
7b57da88d0ae7a055361a3da90d97c53.jpg

761326d11e05106ce7d5de21f5363cf9.jpg

Last edited:
Back