1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wait for this will be painful, can't see this getting released in europe before Christmas...

Unfortunate design. But if that's the worst of it, so be it. If the glove is sewn to the sleeve, then such much for swapping out to the SS gloves.
Sounds possible it's related to the saber design, though it seems like it could have been done with fully gloves hands as easily.

Maybe it was done on purpose so people couldn't just pick up the Sideshow gloves and chestbox and have themselves a ROTJ Vader. We already saw a couple of the blogger photos where the chest armor is fully exposed and it didn't look bad.

Mine too.
12188072_10153148081382344_3915049541906577719_o.jpg

:rock:

Well well well... it's certainly looking a lot better now.
I think whoever is posing and futzing this figure has no idea what Vader is supposed to look like, hence the low riding belt and codpiece. The hands/gloves are a disgrace, but other than that, it looks pretty fantastic.

This figure does not look good in certain lighting that's for sure. And like other Vader figures he needs some pro - futzing and posing to look good. I still think I like the old SSC ANH and Hurricane suits the best. Those gloves...... [emoji38] Is he pretty great figure? Sure. Hot Toys usually brings the quality. Is it accurate? Eeehhh...

Looks good overall. I do think the chest box should sit a bit lower or maybe be a tad bigger but it's not a deal breaker. Still overall a great looking figure.

I see now why the gloves are the way they are -- they are part of the sleeve for swapping hands and open enough to allow that large forearm to be swapped.

Unfortunate design. But if that's the worst of it, so be it. If the glove is sewn to the sleeve, then such much for swapping out to the SS gloves.

Good height check here...

12189952_1036319776430012_4180741165024063184_n.jpg

Sans the stitching, the SS gloves are the same design in a sense. That have that samurai flap looking thingy that goes over the top of the hand. Only real difference is HT is atriculated.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 252
Back