1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dat helmet.

:drool

I'll give 'em $250 for dat helmet and $50 for der rest.:lol

12065908_10153148062767344_5301835672233559788_n.jpg

Damn looks like the fingers are crawling out of the gloves like a spider or something....:dunno

I guess it can be covered when the inner capes are properly placed, but at no point in ANH does Vader's chest armor look that clean and bright gunmetal/black (looks that way in ESB/ROTJ.) It looks pretty dull and monochromatic black through the whole movie.

I don't think this guy has ever seen Star Wars... :lol

12190129_10208070233137398_4475904900903454117_n.jpg

11062056_10208070232857391_2988726672899083641_n.jpg

That helmet looks so good, that even these pictures look great. I think we have suffered through so many awful attempts of replicating Vader's helmet that this seems like such a significant accomplishment. It will be nice to have a vader figure where I don't have to limit my posing options to a certain angle just to resemble the character.

Yup it's a mini vader,
Lots of superficial errors bit they got the main thing right, It looks and feels like Vader's helmet.

They should've put wires at the end of the gloves so it could wrap around the hand or perhaps magnets. Honestly I would have preferred full fabric gloves on some bendy hands. I saw someones custom gloves on here that looked really good

Agreed. I just got my hurricane Vader with bendy hands yesterday:

image.jpeg

He does look a lot better than the first pics we saw when he was first introduced. Not sure I need another vader and probably will pass but I would say a swap out of the chest box and some new gloves will get you a pretty cool looking vader.

He does look a lot better than the first pics we saw when he was first introduced. Not sure I need another vader and probably will pass but I would say a swap out of the chest box and some new gloves will get you a pretty cool looking vader.

Yeah. This is what the box should look like along with it's placement on the chest. Hurricane also make some awesome "real" gloves for Vader. Sorry for the poo quality picture.

Found some better photos just now from the 1/6 group in Hong Kong.View attachment 222048
Vader is looking pretty tall in this pic. Still looking forward to him beside a ruler to get a confirmation on height.

I was hoping to avoid starting my own custom Vader but I guess if I have to go that route this will be as good a starting base as there is. Will decide if anything needs to be done when it's in hand.

Yeah. This is what the box should look like along with it's placement on the chest. Hurricane also make some awesome "real" gloves for Vader. Sorry for the poo quality picture.

Chestbox size and placement on that Vader looks great. Not overly impressed by the paint apps, but as you say, it's a poo quality picture so likely not representative of "in hand" product.

Chestbox size and placement on that Vader looks great. Not overly impressed by the paint apps, but as you say, it's a poo quality picture so likely not representative of "in hand" product.
The paint is indicative of the ANH prop suit. It's accurate. I had the choice of clean, pretty and gloss or the scratched imperfection of the ANH suit. That's what I wanted. That's one of the reasons why I love the ANH suit so much.

Yeah. This is what the box should look like along with it's placement on the chest. Hurricane also make some awesome "real" gloves for Vader. Sorry for the poo quality picture

Said gloves, these were made as were the ones for Hydeous by mating the gloves/hands from the 1/6 Heavy armoured cop (Dredd ) and hand sewn gauntlets
image_zps9e0ygdei.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And the 'bad paint apps' were to resembled the prop look...like this :-
4EFD27D6-318A-4D33-941B-46E568E16A7E_zpsv8rzlkdi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
87EE4DCA-88A2-4C5B-A9B8-CE5A6F250A1A_zpsumlwvlae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back