1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me forever to sell mine. And I did take a hit on the price unfortunately. So there is no doubt you'll lose money.

Could someone make a side by side comparison of the new Vader and the prototype at one of those toy fairs from last year?

Also, I didn't know this thing has sounds. [emoji38]

Just curious. The one you sold, was it the regular or exclusive?

Mine just landed. It's a really dark day here in UK and it's getting even darker so pics may not happen.

37ce589dc37b3b0613dfd065e2ee118c.jpg

Just curious. The one you sold, was it the regular or exclusive?
Believe Fiend's was an exclusive. I also sold my exclusive for $50 under retail around a year ago. Some exclusives just aren't coveted and don't translate to a higher asking price (over retail -- may still sell for a tiny bit more than a non-exclusive with both being under retail) once sold out. From what I've seen, this is definitely the case with Deluxe Vader.

Ok guys had some time with him as i got home from work early....IMO this is the best Vader we have gotten in 1/6 from a company standpoint . I have futzed him after stripping him down to redress as i always do. The cod piece attaches via velcro aswell as a strap going around and under the crotch. In order to move it up i undid it all, folding the section which goes under the crotch back in on its self and fed it up the vest out the way, allowing it to be moved up then moved the belt itself up.

My only complaint is the inner robe is wired at the ends, this drives me insane and i really don't get their fascination with wires. The dome is a lovely matte colour in hand and the gloves while not the best are not as bad as initially thought. I have also fitted the custom cape i was using on my sideshow.

Here are some shots with the troopers and him solo.

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

Great shots, Stealth! Do the LED boxes slide along the belt or are they fixed in one spot? Curious if they can be moved closer to the center.

Great pics! They really nailed ANH Vader. It makes me wonder how the promo and trade show pics were set up so poorly.

Incredible futzing stealth! Your pics are the first to sell me on this figure. I love how the cape lays flat against the body. If I didn't have my modded SS, this would be a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back