1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the suit feel? Since my medicom vader fell apart due to cracks and flaking i wonder how this feels?

Best,

Robert

Was thinking about this too. How is SS pleather?

This is the HT John Connor. Have heard the pleather on SSC Anakin deteriorated.

55_zps31470324.jpg

Ok guys had some time with him as i got home from work early....IMO this is the best Vader we have gotten in 1/6 from a company standpoint . I have futzed him after stripping him down to redress as i always do. The cod piece attaches via velcro aswell as a strap going around and under the crotch. In order to move it up i undid it all, folding the section which goes under the crotch back in on its self and fed it up the vest out the way, allowing it to be moved up then moved the belt itself up.

My only complaint is the inner robe is wired at the ends, this drives me insane and i really don't get their fascination with wires. The dome is a lovely matte colour in hand and the gloves while not the best are not as bad as initially thought. I have also fitted the custom cape i was using on my sideshow.

Here are some shots with the troopers and him solo.

DSC_0793.jpg

There he is - clean and simple!:clap Even without all the pro lighting and photoshop backgrounds, your pics are my favorite so far.

He is about 13 1/2'' maybe 14

From what I can tell, the proper Vader height in 1/6 is supposed to be a little over 13", up to 13 1/4". The height on this guy seemed to start out very tall, but the Anicon show he seemed much shorter next to the stormies, but it's interesting how he seems to have showed up in-hand in the same height range as the SSC DX. I guess better too tall than too short.

Back