1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome stuff. He just needs a less shiny armor to be perfect...

The armour is pretty dull in hand, not as dull as the film but its only appearing shiny due to my dioders :duff.

Great shots! If you get a chance can you measure how tall he is?

He is about 13 1/2'' maybe 14

Incredible futzing stealth! Your pics are the first to sell me on this figure. I love how the cape lays flat against the body. If I didn't have my modded SS, this would be a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! :clap

So that's the custom cape? Drapes really nicely.

Great news that you can put belt to box like you've done. Looks tons better.

Congrats to SV, Para and Eamon!!!!

Looks great! Thanks for confirming that the crotch area can be adjusted. and nice job on positioning the bases, makes it looks like a big platform.

:clap

:duff cheers guys

Looks great! Can we get some pics with the stock cape please?

Not from me but im sure Para will be showing his awesome shots as some time who will have the stock cape on :duff

How's the little black droid he comes with?

Really nice actually, however its sitting in the box for me.

Great work Stealth. It's amazing what can be done to a figure with proper futzing.

Did you have a chance to photograph him with the Hot Toys cape? The custom looks great but I'll be sticking with stock so just wondering your thoughts on the cut and fit.

Mine is currently airborne on it's way stateside. Can't wait.

Ok guys had some time with him as i got home from work early....IMO this is the best Vader we have gotten in 1/6 from a company standpoint . I have futzed him after stripping him down to redress as i always do. The cod piece attaches via velcro aswell as a strap going around and under the crotch. In order to move it up i undid it all, folding the section which goes under the crotch back in on its self and fed it up the vest out the way, allowing it to be moved up then moved the belt itself up.

My only complaint is the inner robe is wired at the ends, this drives me insane and i really don't get their fascination with wires. The dome is a lovely matte colour in hand and the gloves while not the best are not as bad as initially thought. I have also fitted the custom cape i was using on my sideshow.

Here are some shots with the troopers and him solo.

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

Looks fantastic!:clap

Do you think the "light plastic" stand for the droid is part of the figure or part of the packaging like the face plates cowl mold the batman figures come with?

Great work Stealth. It's amazing what can be done to a figure with proper futzing.

Did you have a chance to photograph him with the Hot Toys cape? The custom looks great but I'll be sticking with stock so just wondering your thoughts on the cut and fit.

Mine is currently airborne on it's way stateside. Can't wait.
Afraid not however it is a lovely cape, nice material etc. I just didn't like the neck section how it went under the helmet. It has an elastic strap to go over the neck piece so the chain is just decorative.

Jason will be along soon with his drool worthy pics so all his should be with stock :duff. Glad you like the futz.

I also never bothered with the electronics either.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

image.jpgimage.jpg

I've just opened Vader
like matrix says his helmet is Matt
Just took a quick picture
Definitely best Vader out there

Ok guys had some time with him as i got home from work early....IMO this is the best Vader we have gotten in 1/6 from a company standpoint . I have futzed him after stripping him down to redress as i always do. The cod piece attaches via velcro aswell as a strap going around and under the crotch. In order to move it up i undid it all, folding the section which goes under the crotch back in on its self and fed it up the vest out the way, allowing it to be moved up then moved the belt itself up.

My only complaint is the inner robe is wired at the ends, this drives me insane and i really don't get their fascination with wires. The dome is a lovely matte colour in hand and the gloves while not the best are not as bad as initially thought. I have also fitted the custom cape i was using on my sideshow.

Here are some shots with the troopers and him solo.

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

I'm amazed how ANH that helmet looks!!

Also inspired work putting the troopers stands side on. Looks great. Fantastic futzing. :duff

Can't wait for mine in a few days.

Back