1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paramoremcr88, Hot Toys should be paying you to take and post these - you make it look sooooooooooo good.

I'm going to do my best to resist though and wait for Hot Toys ESB or ROTJ Vader.

Absolutely! Your pics and Stealth's pics have me second guessing myself tbh. They look amazing. Any shots of the saber lit up? That might do it. :)

Great pictures guys! This wait is getting more unbearable...
Para, random (slightly creepy sounding) question. How does the codpiece look now you have raised the belt section up? Does it still cover the crotch area completely?

This looks incredible. What do people mean by the 'inner' robe/tunic being wired? Is that the robe that is tucked under the belt, or the the one over the shoulders attached to the neck chain? I'm confused.

Well, very nice to see that futzing can solve the problems of the chest box and cod piece.
The helmet and face look gorgeous in the new in hand pics, so that's pretty much 99% of the figure right there. Only problem left to be solved is the gloves.
I'm not sure I'll order this online, might wait for it to show up at my local hobby store.

Wow, looks pretty damn impressive after some proper futzing! :clap

oh my.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photos. Vader looks fantastic.

Paramoremcr88, Hot Toys should be paying you to take and post these - you make it look sooooooooooo good.

I'm going to do my best to resist though and wait for Hot Toys ESB or ROTJ Vader.

BEAUTIFUL..:clap

Thanks guys! :duff

Great pics, Para! :clap Did you follow Stealth's recipe for the cod piece?

Thanks! Yes I sure did.

Great work on the futzing, Stealth and Para! :clap

:duff

How does the suit feel? Since my medicom vader fell apart due to cracks and flaking i wonder how this feels?

Erm not sure really as I've nothing to compare it to.... it feels pretty thick and sturdy?

Paramore's pictures SUCK..!*

*Tired of all of these damned reputation points I'm getting....

This should do it, don't you think..? :monkey5

:lol

Wonderful pictures from everyone! :) this will be a long wait...

Soooooo gooood Para!:clap

Great pics, Para! More, more, more.....

Glad you like the shots and yes WG there will be more but not tonight though!

Absolutely! Your pics and Stealth's pics have me second guessing myself tbh. They look amazing. Any shots of the saber lit up? That might do it. :)

I may do some and hopefully Stealth will do too... if he won't we'll poke him with a stick until he does :lol

Great pictures guys! This wait is getting more unbearable...
Para, random (slightly creepy sounding) question. How does the codpiece look now you have raised the belt section up? Does it still cover the crotch area completely?

The chest box, belt and cod piece are all individually adjustable. I've raised the belt and then the cod piece to be right underneath. It still covers a bit of the crotch but lower down is slightly exposed... so he's vulnerable to a low blow! :lol

This looks incredible. What do people mean by the 'inner' robe/tunic being wired? Is that the robe that is tucked under the belt, or the the one over the shoulders attached to the neck chain? I'm confused.

It's the one under the belt.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Well, very nice to see that futzing can solve the problems of the chest box and cod piece.
The helmet and face look gorgeous in the new in hand pics, so that's pretty much 99% of the figure right there. Only problem left to be solved is the gloves.
I'm not sure I'll order this online, might wait for it to show up at my local hobby store.

Yep all he needed was a few little adjustments and he's good to go.

Where's all the naysayers now? Show me ONE aspect of any previous release from any company that comes close to this masterpiece.

Although not "perfect," Hot Toys are the most outstanding 1/6 Star Wars line that has ever been.

Each release just gets better and better and (from memory) they are the only company who improves on the prototypes - with every other company we're praying it'll turn out as good as the first showing... and it never does :(

HT seem to listen to the online feedback and step-up.

Happy days!!!

It does look to me like the chest probably needs to be beefed up a bit, either with some padding or a beefier body. Right now his build reminds me a little too much of the skinny ROTS Vader...

I've said all along it'll be best OOB (out-of-box) but I'm impressed by just how good it actually turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pictures/ videos everyone! Can't wait for mine.
Looks like it's a pain to install the batteries and switch on/off .. I won't even install the batteries. Plus I don't want to rise damaging the figure that way.

I may do some and hopefully Stealth will do too... if he won't we'll poke him with a stick until he does :lol

5668b2c55dc917c7fdfbed3177104a179e93e801f27e39ad68aaf4eb349371f0.jpg

Strange how they've buried the switch under a fat-suit and the leather suit. That couldn't have seemed like a good idea at the time.

Solution: gluing on a larger 'toggle' top so you can feel it under the suit. Just a thought.

Where's all the naysayers now? Show me ONE aspect of any previous release from any company that comes close to this masterpiece.

Although not "perfect," Hot Toys are the most outstanding 1/6 Star Wars line that has ever been.

Each release just gets better and better and (from memory) they are the only company who improves on the prototypes - with every other company we're praying it'll turn out as good as the first showing... and it never does :(

HT seem to listen to the online feedback and step-up.

Happy days!!!

naysayers.jpg

:lol

Back