1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I finally caved and ordered my HT Vader from Sideshow a few days ago. Does anyone know how it typically works when someone orders a figure still listed as "pre-order" knowing that other people in the US have gotten notice that this is shipping soon? Do you think I have a chance of getting mine soon as well or will I have wait for another batch to ship from over seas or something?

I said I was going to avoid the HT Star Wars line, I know it's opening a gateway to grabbing them all, but I have to get this Vader. It looks too good.
Don't.

I promised myself just stormtrooper, and so far I'm in pretty deep now :duh

It's not the first figure that gets you when you buy it intending to have just one- it's the second one that opens the flood gate. I think it is possible to have just one figure, but its a lot harder to just have two. Each time you buy just "one more", you make it all the easier to do it again later.

Hello, my name is Jaymas and I collect high end 1/6 figures :duff

So, I finally caved and ordered my HT Vader from Sideshow a few days ago. Does anyone know how it typically works when someone orders a figure still listed as "pre-order" knowing that other people in the US have gotten notice that this is shipping soon? Do you think I have a chance of getting mine soon as well or will I have wait for another batch to ship from over seas or something?
No way to tell. Presumably they're backordered so you'll have to wait a bit before it ships. Or maybe they're caught-up and yours ships tomorrow. Really no way to know w/o having access to SSC's pre-orders/inventory. :p

Glad you finally broke down and ordered, though! Looking forward to your impressions once in-hand.

Looking good but seeing the sabres in daylight makes me wish they'd drop the gimmick. Too many compromises involved for a mediocre effect. Just leave it up to the customer to pursue custom CCFLs if they want lit sabres. Hoping for an ESB Vader with sculpted gloves.

Looking good but seeing the sabres in daylight makes me wish they'd drop the gimmick. Too many compromises involved for a mediocre effect. Just leave it up to the customer to pursue custom CCFLs if they want lit sabres. Hoping for an ESB Vader with sculpted gloves.

For me the sabers look great and add a nice touch to the figure. The wee batteries could last a little longer though. As great as the CCFLs are,they're a little too bright for my tastes.

matrix... these pics are a scandal. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

SAM_3561.JPG

SAM_3642.jpg

SAM_3620.JPG

SAM_3629.JPG

Impressive work!

From my point of view, the CCFL sabers need a dimmer, but that pretty much solves the "too bright" issue for me!

For those interested here's a height comparison with the SS deluxe and supes..View attachment 225849

Hi matrix, just wanted to let you know that this pic convinced me to finally get a kaiyodo Vader kit (won an auction last night). :D

What I see in the shot is: kinda weird looking toy --> pretty cool figure --> miniature guy in costume.
I'm actually quite happy with my custom ROTJ SS Vader, but it wasn't able to come anywhere close to the excellence that the kaiyodo mask is.
You can expect a PM from me soon asking about your mods. ;)

Disagree. Its one of the best features and I've been waiting for a company to get it right (I know SS and Medicom made their own attempts and they were either the wrong shape or only lit up at the hilt)

I always disliked the CCFLs because the tip of the blade ruins the look

Matrix Vader is hands down the best esb vader ùi've ever seen and probably the best ot vader I've ever seen! Impressive figure!

Attachments

• matrix comp.jpg
    matrix comp.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 410
Ha, ha, ha...

All this talk about incredible figures and photography reminds me of a story.

A man walks into a zoo. Once inside he realizes that there is only one animal in the entire zoo. A dog. It's a s hitzhu...

I'll be here all week!

Disagree. Its one of the best features and I've been waiting for a company to get it right (I know SS and Medicom made their own attempts and they were either the wrong shape or only lit up at the hilt)

I always disliked the CCFLs because the tip of the blade ruins the look
I find that's more the case in photos than in person. CCFLs have a pretty powerful aura that obscures it pretty well. Regardless, I'd rather an unlit sabre than a compromise like Vader's gloves.

Back