1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's been some side by side pics showing they're very similar in height. It's just that there Kylo is crouched with both feet off the stand while Vader has both feet on his.

ClipperKing was right about Vader. Instead of a pleasant unboxing it might have been the most frustrating out of my figures. I'm very careful with my figures and when I went to remove his belt, the clip/button (that snaps both halfs together) fell off, they barely used glue or whatever to hold it together. Plus his name plaque falls off completely and doesnt stay on the base. Other then that the helmet and probe droid are beautiful.

There's been some side by side pics showing they're very similar in height. It's just that there Kylo is crouched with both feet off the stand while Vader has both feet on his.

Still, helmet looks smallish on Ren compared to Vader's very large noggin. Considering Ren is 13 inches tall, it's just a wonder.

Do you have one with both standing museum pose?

Still, helmet looks smallish on Ren compared to Vader's very large noggin.[...]

I mentioned this the other day, can't remember which thread. The helmet in one full profile shot looks too small for a scaled human head.

If that's true, it'd be unfortunate as the figure otherwise looks very, very good.

Unfortunately, there is plenty of precedent for this with Hot Toys, if you take a look at their slew of Iron Man armours. Very few, if any, including the helmet, look capable of encasing a human with RDJ/Tony Stark's proportions. While there was CG involved on-screen, they nonetheless look underscaled. It'd be a shame if Kylo Ren's helmet suffered from the same thing.

Yeah, HT likely looks at the figure as a whole to balance everything. That, and making these heads come out perfectly sized is a bit tricky at this scale when such a slight variance one way or the other can mean a large overall difference.

As a rule, HT heads are on the small side.

Yeah, HT likely looks at the figure as a whole to balance everything. That, and making these heads come out perfectly sized is a bit tricky at this scale when such a slight variance one way or the other can mean a large overall difference.

As a rule, HT heads are on the small side.

Yeah, but I don't see an issue with their bare headsculpts, it's generally the full helmets -- luckily, the Stormtrooper helmets seem to have escaped this. Probably Vader and Fett too, but I haven't seen them in-hand.

Fett's helmet always seems to have detractors no matter what. But I imagine, like everything else HT does, it will be the best so far.

I really would like to see a new OT figure announcement. Been many months now since we had a new one.

Hoping ESB Han will be revealed along with a reveal for Old Han from TFA.

Did anyone decide to keep there SSC Vader over Hot Toys?

I did...Was gonna use reward points on this, but after reading through the reviews there is not enough of an improvement to warrant getting this one (IMO)....I was really looking forward to the voice and saber light effect, but it sounds like alot of people are having issues with it...And some aren't even working right for others...So I will wait to see what the next Vader offering from HT brings...But I agree, looks wise it is a nice looking figure...

Matt

I did...Was gonna use reward points on this, but after reading through the reviews there is not enough of an improvement to warrant getting this one (IMO)....I was really looking forward to the voice and saber light effect, but it sounds like alot of people are having issues with it...And some aren't even working right for others...So I will wait to see what the next Vader offering from HT brings...But I agree, looks wise it is a nice looking figure...

Matt

Better to wait in your case. HT ESB/ROTJ Vader will be revealed before the summer I'm sure.

Mine just came from Toy Anxiety today. It's currently sitting in its shipper under the tree begging me to open it.

ClipperKing was right about Vader. Instead of a pleasant unboxing it might have been the most frustrating out of my figures. I'm very careful with my figures and when I went to remove his belt, the clip/button (that snaps both halfs together) fell off, they barely used glue or whatever to hold it together. Plus his name plaque falls off completely and doesnt stay on the base. Other then that the helmet and probe droid are beautiful.
Same here with the nameplate. I had to glue it on.

Anyone have any issue with the droid?
In the directions there's supposed to be a hole for one of the two claw graspers rear top left, but I can't seem to find it.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Awesome figure

image.jpg

橙默style
https://m.facebook.com/橙默style-1468074390125874/

I think I'll go hands on belt pose -- since I can't have them light up anyway.

I'm not even bothering with the batteries even for testing. I'm not ever gonna sell it, too much sentimental value being an Xmas present from my wife and the figure that got me into the 1/6 game.

I'm paranoid about putting that suit in any bent arm poses. Really worried it's going to want to crack in the creases

Back