1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just love this guy and the shelf presence he has. My wife makes fun of me I'm so infatuated with him!
5fa1d8dd4d6f6db8eb4756bca64a9212.jpg

cce5029b91c1a634ec926f42aa415aea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice! Really have to get going on building my new display cabinet so I can put Vader on display.

I think I'm done with modding his head. Just need to wheather his chestbox and his belt cod boxes as a last touch and call it there.

All my Hot Toys Vader head and shoulder mods complete!

•Dome lowered and moved forward.
•Nose set deeper into mask, and repainted.
•Face wrapped in foil, placed behind eyes.
•Neck sanded downtown to remove "point."
•Chest armor sanded and repainted
•Shoulder bells swapped out with SSC Vader, sanded, repainted.

c676c6f557637df11a8c6045d926e20b.jpg
9b0dc5c22ac84d72f871babb68522d53.jpg
c800cfd68eeda4519142797704c87b56.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Phenomenal job on those mods, WTC!
Does your Vader have custom tribal tattoos on his chest???

Haha, I'm using a modified Hot Toys Road Block body. I like the proportions much better

Very impressive job, Waste Time Continuum! :clap

But what is the neck shave-down? That's a new one on me.

Thanks! The neck dips down too much below the chin. I just sanded it down a little bit till it matched my reference photos from ANH, better.

I reshaped the bottom of the neck on mine also , it curves to point that doesn't look correct and when lightly reshaped looks a lot better . I also trimmed the "bars" that run the length of the chest armour vertically. They shouldn't overhang as much as they do. the bottom should follow the curve . I'm really impressed !

I think 75% of people's belts broke from what I've seen in this thread. :lol

Not mine... I think it's one of those things where most of the people who had a bad belt are going to understandably say something, but most people with a good belt have no need to mention it.

I reshaped the bottom of the neck on mine also , it curves to point that doesn't look correct and when lightly reshaped looks a lot better . I also trimmed the "bars" that run the length of the chest armour vertically. They shouldn't overhang as much as they do. the bottom should follow the curve . I'm really impressed !

Thanks!

Yep, the neck needs to be trimmed just a bit, it's only about 1-2x the width of the white part of a thumbnail, but if it were blown up to 1/1 scale it would be a few inches too long.

I might trim the bars on the shoulder armor as well. I thought about it but decided to wait to see if they assist with keeping the inner robe/tunic in place, if they don't help at all hen I'm going for accuracy and sanding them down, flush with the rest of the armor.

my belt was fine... there was a hint of it starting to tear when I was unbuckling it, but with care, it was just fine! put a little cyano on wither side and t was perfect!

Back