Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand people commenting on the inaccurracies of the socks, but personally, I can't imagine the cirumstance where they'll really see the light of day, which is likely why HT probably aimed for coming close but not being 100%.

Not gonna lie I like Josh's version better than this.

Apples and Oranges. Josh's version is unique and shows the TLC of a fan on top of being a custom. HT's shows that it will be mass produced especially with the safe paint on the face. Take this, hand it to Josh to repaint and you'll have the best Joker available.

I love the socks, buying the figure only for the socks. I just hope that they are full socks with feet, and not mock-socks with a solid shoe plug.

I ordered mine from Joe! :rock :rock :rock :rock
I now can relax about trying to order him before they disappear or get priced through the roof.
:D

Apples and Oranges. Josh's version is unique and shows the TLC of a fan on top of being a custom. HT's shows that it will be mass produced especially with the safe paint on the face. Take this, hand it to Josh to repaint and you'll have the best Joker available.

Well, of course one is a custom in which Josh can take more time and for a mass produced piece this is nice. I just think Josh's joker looks more like whats on screen than this one.

But if it said Sideshow next to it, you'd be all over it :rolleyes:

No, I wouldn't. Thanks for playing though. :rolleyes:

Funny, I didn't slam the piece in anyway or even mention SS. I just simply said I think the custom Josh did was better. I can't win for losing. :rolleyes::lol

Well, thanks Josh! I will always hold a special place in my heart for my custom. It's flawed in places, due to my own limitations... but I like to think of it as a custom in progress. :lol

The lack of a decent coat, the pants issue, the missing button issue (my vest only has three buttons), painted shirt, not 100% Heath sculpt.. shoes and socks. Things are missing...

But, as my first full on custom project.. it was quite a challenge. I still think it's getting pretty close... that shot of the jacketless Joker looks damn near like my own custom.. just with better pants. So I'm very proud of what I was able to do with what little I had.

But HT has done fabulous work. I'm hoping I can make Heath pop a bit more with a repaint... but that's pretty much the only thing wrong with the HT figure that I can spot. Other than that, it's a homerun.

But, that said... I will always make custom Joker's for people who wish to own one.... So my work in progress will continue to evolve. :D

Well, of course one is a custom in which Josh can take more time and for a mass produced piece this is nice. I just think Josh's joker looks more like whats on screen than this one.

Though Josh's is indeed very nice, I think it's a case of better paint, not a better sculpt.

No, I wouldn't. Thanks for playing though. :rolleyes:

Funny, I didn't slam the piece in anyway or even mention SS. I just simply said I think the custom Josh did was better. I can't win for losing. :rolleyes::lol

Damn you Superfan!!! :lol

Though Josh's is indeed very nice, I think it's a case of better paint, not a better sculpt.

Totally agree. I just got lucky and found one that was about 85% there, still close.. but not a better sculpt. Hell, the mouth damage on mine is pretty laughable... just winging it at the time. We didn't have much to go on back then. :lol

Totally agree. I just got lucky and found one that was about 85% there, still close.. but not a better sculpt. Hell, the mouth damage on mine is pretty laughable... just winging it at the time. We didn't have much to go on back then. :lol

You are too modest. It really is a great sculpt. The hair was unchallenged until this figure. Everything else was too flat. Plus your scars are nastier - they are open wounds. If his mouth was open, he'd have a big grin.

Anyone remember Pan's Labyrinth when the captain got his check slashed open? That just screamed "Joker" to me.

Well, thanks Josh! I will always hold a special place in my heart for my custom. It's flawed in places, due to my own limitations... but I like to think of it as a custom in progress. :lol

You're welcome! This is piece is a nice piece but from what I've seen on TV, Theater, and the net your piece looks like and captures what I see/feel. The face on the HT one just looks too clean to me and there's something else I just can't figure it out yet.

If I get a Joker at any point from this film it will be a custom from you not the HT version.

Paint is playing a part for me like I said above.

Damn you Superfan!!! :lol

My bad. :eek: :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Thanks man... The hair I am very very proud of. It was my second hair sculpt and done entirely in one sitting. I wanted it to have volume and look as poofy as possible without being laughable. The scars, I was having fun with. I wanted them deep and painful looking. And indeed, that scene in Pan's Labyrinth was an inspiration of sorts.

At that point I was going off of one picture of reference... the cover of Wizard with Joker on it... only had a shot from the waist up and his face wasn't all that big on the cover at all. So it was tricky.

And Josh, thank you so very much man... Hopefully when you do get on board, things will be all hammered out and it will be a rival to the HT figure in many ways. I only wish I was a sewing master... I really wanted mine to have that jacket, with the lining and the cool sleeves... :rock

I've painted and sculpted many pieces and seen many great customs here and it continually amazes me how much paint can change a sculpt, creating illusions of things that are not there or mask imperfections in raw sculpts. That your custom came out so close to this production piece is a testament to your artistic skillz. :rock

No problem. It really rivals the HT one already in my eyes but if it can only get better then it will be something really special.

PM me with all the details as far as wait and all that. That way I can start planning things out and work it out with you. :D

I've painted and sculpted many pieces and seen many great customs here and it continually amazes me how much paint can change a sculpt, creating illusions of things that are not there or mask imperfections in raw sculpts. That your custom came out so close to this production piece is a testament to your artistic skillz. :rock

Thanks man! Yeah, it's something that takes a lot of time and patience. Les taught me a lot about that, just using paint to your advantage, creating shadow and depth where there is none. It's fun, especially with my Joker sculpt. All the cracks and forehead lines are all added in. Not a crease anywhere to be found. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back