HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Just hide his face under the top of your browser... he looks excellent like that.

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

looks perfect to me.
i couldn't tell they changed anything.

The 2 piece boots have really grown on me, if someone hadn't of pointed it out I don't think i'd have noticed still! They'll be really useful for the batpod.

561810_406798822715447_1319259470_n.jpg

I love this picture. If he showed up just like that I'd be pretty satisfied. Looks way better than any of the promo shots.

I disagree, I think context is important. The use of the word in this context is to highlight that an effeminate gaze or posture is generally considered inappropriate for a macho superhero like Batman. On the other hand, the same smile on The Green Lantern would absolutely be gay and everyone would be cool with it.

But what you're saying is that all gays look feminine, which is not the case! You're using the word gay as a generalization, would be like me saying "everyone from Texas is a racist hill billy"

All that needed to be said is Batman looks a bit feminine, or camp, or non masculine.

Allright that's enough - let's just say the smile on the figure looks feminine and out of character.

No need to use that word which offends some people

I'm on the fence about the "smirk". On one hand, it looks like Christian Bale. On the other, it does seem out of character for Batman. That being said, it's a really weird sculpt. it almost reminds you of one of those images that "moves" depending on what angle you're looking at it from (which, for some reason, I can't remember the name of). It looks like he's smirking in some shots and relatively neutral in others.

it almost reminds you of one of those images that "moves" depending on what angle you're looking at it from (which, for some reason, I can't remember the name of). It looks like he's smirking in some shots and relatively neutral in others.

do you mean holofoils/cards? like those used on credit cards or children's cards?

Costume great, headsculpt no.

Anyone have any idea if the head's connected like the DX02 (magnets) or connected with joints?

Costume great, headsculpt no.

Anyone have any idea if the head's connected like the DX02 (magnets) or connected with joints?

Don't think it was specified but probably with a magnet since there is no led. But I hope that they'll use a joint this time, it's more solid in terms of connection.

Don't think so. I think the straps should go at least up to the middle of the chest plates, they wouldn't bend when the chest is bent forward.

But the way it is now by bending the chest down it will catch onto the edges of the straps and scrape them off :slap:monkey2:gah:

I see this as the fact that it's just the prototype.

I like magnets... easier to take off for PERS. And no ugly PERS panel.

If it's a joint... there would have to be a PERS panel like DX09. That would be terrible and not necessary, just do magnet like DX02.

I see this as the fact that it's just the prototype.

Hopefully you are right and it's just that way since its a prototype

I like magnets... easier to take off for PERS. And no ugly PERS panel.

If it's a joint... there would have to be a PERS panel like DX09. That would be terrible and not necessary, just do magnet like DX02.

Really?? Okay I take my words back, make it magnetic! :lol I neverd had a DX09 myself but I've seen the panel method and it's horrible

This thread is for the 1/6 right? So why so much talk about the 1/4 anyway?

Always found it interesting that people posed their Batmen with back pack and sonar head as he never appeared like that in the film.

You know what? You're absolutlely right. I knew this and somehow didn't even think about it.. I suppose what I meant was the bale head with the backPack, and the sonar with the sticky bomb gun. The sonar eyes are associated with the cape holder in my opinion, because they were two
Of the new gadgets introduced in TDK.
What I look forward to is having these accessories to add to the new figure.

What I really love about Nolan's batman is how much he drew from the comics... Many scenes directly: to mentions few

Bearded young Bruce training w/ ducard from the man who falls.
The rhythm of dialogue between Bruce and Alfred is nearly identical to that of the comics.
Flass ribbing Gordon about being too much of a boy scout-batman: year one
Batmans first outing ending in him nearly killed and in pain on an iron emergency exit blalcony-batman year one
Batman using bats as backup to escape from swat - batman:year one
The triangular juxtaposition of the dent/Gordon/batman meeting on gpc's rooftop. Also about taking down the falcone crime family - the long holloween
Joker making televised death threats against public figures and the gcpd/batman scramble to seal off and protect each of these peopple - the man who laughs
Joker trying to prove that anyone can be driven mad, even the best- the killing joke (although in the kiolling joke he targeted Gordon)
One on one interrogation between bats and joker- the killing joke
Mob spies in the da office-the long holloween ( I believe in both cases, it was maroni's men)
Joker attacking dent's lover-the long holloween (it was his wife and not Rachel Dawes in thwe book, and I don't think she was killed in the book)
Speculation that dent is batman-batman year one
The ball and chain look of batmans little
Explosivwe things was taken directly from 'under the red hood'
As was batman's sonar vision eyes
Th we tumbler was like the bat mobile from frank miller's the dark knight returns (a big bad tank)
Bane in tdkr is a lot like the mutant leader from tdk returns in that he's physically superior to Bruce
The whole plot of batman being old and retired and having to return is from tdkreturns.
The scene where Bruce sidekicks the brick wall in the bat cave, crumbling it is reminiscent of batman year one, where in his sidekick demolishes a tree.
Batman's scarred and maimed back in the dark knight is a famous image from the comics.
The batsuit Ina glass case is a classic batman comic image
Of course, bane breaking batmans back with batman over his knee is straight from the books.
The whole feral nature of Nolan's batman is very frank miller. Also, batman flirts with unlawful tactics to exact justice reflects miller's slightly fascist batman.
Thought u all might find these tidbits interesting, and I'd love to hear more

Back