Hot Toys - MMS - Episode VII - Snowtrooper & Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is pretty sloppy for Hot Toys' stellar standards

yes, it starts to annoy me a bit since you have mentioned it.
its quite unacceptable by HT standard. may be i should try to
repaint it myself but not sure if i could. any chance that this
is just snow laying on the rubber band??

snowtrooper.jpg

These shouldn't have been a single piece, a few years ago HT would have had real straps and fabric.
I've noticed it across the SW lines. Bedpan Luke had *real leather* belt and pouches, now they use SS style sculpted ones, getting cheap I think.

Niiiice! Looks good, paramore! I almost snagged the regular on eBay last night but decided to get a Sandtrooper instead. I'll probably break down later though.

Niiiice! Looks good, paramore! I almost snagged the regular on eBay last night but decided to get a Sandtrooper instead. I'll probably break down later though.

That was my dilemma too! :lol

May pick a Sandie up later on.

L
looks sweet. How's the paint on the shin straps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not up to the standard you'd expect from HT. It's a little messy in places but only noticeable up close not at normal viewing distance.

Looks awesome paramoremcr88!

Does anyone know of the pauldron can come off?

I think it's glued in place.

^ I hate you and your awesome pictures! LOL
Looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope we will get to see more of these guys in Episode VIII. They did nothing in TFA. :(

Presuming they put the Snowspeeder Chase in the Deleted Scenes on the Blu Ray, we should be seeing plenty of the Snowtroopers when it comes out.

Does anyone know of the pauldron can come off?
I think it's glued in place.

Thanks paramoremcr88...I guess it is like the FO Stormie Officer. That is really a bummer!
And awesome pics! Looks great in the case

So, maybe this is a dumb question, is the pauldron removable on these guys?

paramoremcr88 answered this on the previous page. (see his reply here)

Even though it is glued, I wonder if it could be carefully removed. I'd like the option of making him a regular trooper.

Nice pics, Para....

On those boot/shin guard straps...makes one wonder if HT isn't rushing a bit to get this stuff out...I'd rather they take a little more time and "get it right".

I've got a TFA regular trooper and it's stunning in it's sharp detailing. Was hoping to see the same here. Maybe as the production run progresses, it'll get a little sharper....

Glad these got pushed back a bit. just waiting for a discount code to order the twin pack.

Looks pretty sharp, Para! What are your thoughts regarding the articulation on this guy vs the FO Stormtrooper (look great side by side)? Always really liked the design of these and was hoping to see a bit more of them in the movie.

Love the design of these but there's just too many figures to buy now. :(

Can't wait for more pictures though!

Looks pretty sharp, Para! What are your thoughts regarding the articulation on this guy vs the FO Stormtrooper (look great side by side)? Always really liked the design of these and was hoping to see a bit more of them in the movie.

He is sooo much more articulated than the Squad Leader, (who is poseable, just difficult) as he's basically in normal clothing so there's nothing to restrict him really. I'm going to try so more varied poses over the weekend.

Yeah would've been great if they had more screen time but they're worth a purchase just for the epic design alone!

Back