Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certain it is not vibranium. J.A.R.V.I.S. says it's a new element and vibranium already exists in the MCU. Cap's shield was constructed using it and S.H.I.E.L.D. used the metal for various purposes (They retrofitted the holding cell on the Bus with it in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., for example.)

Tony tried to get the element that he created named "Badassium", which Fury remarked to Dr. Selvig in the final issue of the Avengers prelude comic (Which is canon unless contradicted by the films)

Sorry to nerd out on you guys, it just annoys me a bit when people erroneously claim that the Iron Man 2 element is vibranium.

Very awesome post. That's why I always thought it wasn't vibranium either.

In the Cap scene where the shield is introduced and Stark states it's made of vibranium he says, "it's the rarest metal on Earth. What you're holding there, it's all we got". If SHIELD used it later for a bus cell that would have come after the IM2 film right? Not sure where they'd get more vibranium unless Stark did indeed rediscover it and they were able to manufacture it again.

In the 70 or so years between the two films, I think it's not too much of a leap to say that S.H.I.E.L.D. found some more, perhaps in Wakanda?...

He synthesized it in IM2. Vibranium was the element Tony's dad left for him. A vibranium core was the substitute for the paletium

Its unnamed in the movie but the novel said its vibranium and the spinoff comic has Tony trying to patent it as "Badassium" :lol

So no idea what is what but im going with vibranium

--------------------------------------------------

I'm certain it is not vibranium. J.A.R.V.I.S. says it's a new element and vibranium already exists in the MCU. Cap's shield was constructed using it and S.H.I.E.L.D. used the metal for various purposes (They retrofitted the holding cell on the Bus with it in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., for example.)

Tony tried to get the element that he created named "Badassium", which Fury remarked to Dr. Selvig in the final issue of the Avengers prelude comic (Which is canon unless contradicted by the films)

Sorry to nerd out on you guys, it just annoys me a bit when people erroneously claim that the Iron Man 2 element is vibranium.

Your about 2 days late, I kinda said all that and Brainiac posted the link where we got all the info from ;).

As far as I know, it's vibranium.

--------------------------------------------------

Your about 2 days late, I kinda said all that and Brainiac posted the link where we got all the info from ;).

As far as I know, it's vibranium.

The vibranium arc reactor thing comes from the Iron Man 2 novelization, which came out before the film was released and was thus very likely based on an earlier draft of the film than what we saw on screen, so the info in it is probably inaccurate in some cases. That's the last thing I'll say on this matter, I don't wanna seem like a pest.

In the 70 or so years between the two films, I think it's not too much of a leap to say that S.H.I.E.L.D. found some more, perhaps in Wakanda?...

Eh, we can agree to disagree as I'm not going to assume some more magically popped up somewhere. Maybe one day we'll get a solid answer.

My WL for the Ex will convert tomorrow. Not sure if i keep it or cancel before they take my deposit.

On one hand i love the Silver Centurion from the comics but this design is very different. I also have a lot on order. But seeing the pics makes me want it. I only have the MK 4, 7, 21 and WM 2.0. I am also considering the 42 but no Ex on that so not worried.

My WL for the Ex will convert tomorrow. Not sure if i keep it or cancel before they take my deposit.

On one hand i love the Silver Centurion from the comics but this design is very different. I also have a lot on order. But seeing the pics makes me want it. I only have the MK 4, 7, 21 and WM 2.0. I am also considering the 42 but no Ex on that so not worried.

go with your gut

My gut is telling me to ask for opinions. That being said i hate it when people come on here and ask "should i buy this?!". If you can't beat them, join them! :lol

OK I don't think you will be disappointed with Silver Centurion, it's a little different than the comic version but in my opinion it retains the soul of the original armor. I think you should get the MK33 and then you could get the 42 at a later date, I dont think it will sell out anytime soon

If you loved the SC armor from the comics then this should be a no-brainer. I'm pretty sure this will be the closest we'll ever see to a film version of the SC suit, least in our lifetimes. Avengers 3 should be more space oriented and they'll probably look to comic space suits for inspiration, like Godkiller or perhaps a variant of Starboost.

Back