Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the absence of a pair of shades that look right I had a go at making my own Garoyles... and in case you forgot what this figure looks like with the endo eye, a quick peek for you.
Dizzy

That looks great. The only problem is the hair is just too damn short and/or tight on the head. I really hope HT recognises that when they do the real one. Please let them not just recycle this head again.

001-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-7.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Beautiful! I see a few mods - blood on the jacket, chain and surgical tools. Is there some repainting on his face too? How did you go about the blood on the jacket?

In the absence of a pair of shades that look right I had a go at making my own Garoyles... and in case you forgot what this figure looks like with the endo eye, a quick peek for you.
Dizzy

What did you do to remove the cheek blood? Was there any repainting involved, or...?

Beautiful! I see a few mods - blood on the jacket, chain and surgical tools. Is there some repainting on his face too? How did you go about the blood on the jacket?

Thanks!
Yep, I tried to make it look more accurate to the film by using movie stills and my behind-the-scenes photos as reference.

I even made his face, arms and upper body grimy-looking by applying some very watered down black and yellow ochre acrylic paint.
I just dabbed it in with my fingers and a paintbrush.
It looks a lot better now.

For the blood on the jacket, I just used 2 different shades of watered down crimson red and black mixed together, and applied it with a paintbrush and my fingers.
I then soaked the bloody areas with water before the paint had chance to dry.
For light-coloured blood stains, obviously more water is needed.
And for the darker areas, obviously use less water and more black if needed.
So yeah, ive got loads of different shades of red in there on the jacket by using those two combined techniques(water/paint ratio and red/black paint ratio)

I also used very watered down yellow ochre and a tiny bit of black to achieve the look of a set blood stain.
This can be seen on his right arm.

Last edited:
What did you do to remove the cheek blood? Was there any repainting involved, or...?

I cant remember what Dizzyarse said he used to remove the blood, but painting will definitely involved.
Im pretty sure it will be a simple job though.
Get the correct color paint by mixing various paints, thin it down, then rub/dab it in with your fingers.
It would be best to wait for Dizzys reply though.

:lecture:lecture Wow Buddy the weathering came out incredible :lecture:lecture

I wish i had enough balls to paint my Arnuld , but i don't :monkey2

Amazing job on it overall :clap

:lecture:lecture Wow Buddy the weathering came out incredible :lecture:lecture

I wish i had enough balls to paint my Arnuld , but i don't :monkey2

Amazing job on it overall :clap

Thanks, Mike!
The costume is actually a spare that I got from ebay, then weathered it for this figure.
But yeah, everything else is my actual stock figure - the hands, body, head, and utensils etc
It did take some balls to paint those.
Ive had this figure since it released, but I held off doing this mod until last night.
I knew Id do it sooner or later though.
Seeing P.s custom punk made me wanna start right away.
I was kind of scared about painting him at first though, as ive never painted before:horror
But luckily, im not a "box fresh" collector, and thank god it turned out good.
Im really pleased with it.

HERE ARE SOME OF MY BEHIND-THE-SCENES REFERENCE PICS -
Untitled006.jpg

Untitled005-2.jpg

Untitled004-2.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm happy enough with the HT paintjob - flash photo shows the difference between the stock and TFGs repaint to be in TFG's favour but in person the HT paint looks great. That blood on the jacket and tools though is something I want to do. I finally know for certain I'll be getting a table&chair set for him. Can't wait.

Meantime I got T1 pants and boots for my film poster recreation figure. I had Sideshow Sarah Connor pants and T2 boots on it previously but was never satisfied with that. Its looking really cool.

Ingredients:

Billy Sole body
MMS02 jacket
MMS136 pants, boots, gloved hands and .45 longslide

I padded his pants with bubblewrap around the legs, ass and crotch.

Gonna take pics now. No permanent head for him yet...he awaits the HT Police Shootout figure.

Got my Aoshima T-800 Endoskeleton today, complete with AR-18. He's chilling badass-edly between my HT T-700 and T-600, and his special accessory stowed away with my HT BD T1 head until the rest of my accessories arrive from Hong Kong. SO PUMPED!

Thanks, Mike!
The costume is actually a spare that I got from ebay, then weathered it for this figure.
But yeah, everything else is my actual stock figure - the hands, body, head, and utensils etc
It did take some balls to paint those.
Ive had this figure since it released, but I held off doing this mod until last night.
I knew Id do it sooner or later though.
Seeing P.s custom punk made me wanna start right away.
I was kind of scared about painting him at first though, as ive never painted before:horror
But luckily, im not a "box fresh" collector, and thank god it turned out good.
Im really pleased with it.

HERE ARE SOME OF MY BEHIND-THE-SCENES REFERENCE PICS -
Untitled006.jpg

Untitled005-2.jpg

Untitled004-2.jpg
Wow!
Well done my man. :hi5:
Looks like HT should have used those reference pics too. :)

Dizzy

Very nice custom. The gargoyles look sweet. That head looks awesome too. Is it available to buy or dud you do it yourself. ( too lazy to go through whole thread for the answers)

@TFG...WOW, your setup is fantastic. Great work!:yess:

So, Now i'm thinking about getting another jacket and shirt and beating it up a bit...with real blood. I'm going to cut my finger and just go ape-sheet.:lecture

Real blood won't work, it ultimately just turns dirty looking. I suppose thats not a bad thing for the jacket but I would'nt make myself bleed just to dirty up the coat. For blood only paint will do.

This custom paint job is just freakin' awesome dude! :rock You really captured the BD effect he used to have from the movie! :wink1:

nice work! great paint job!

Wow!
Well done my man. :hi5:
Looks like HT should have used those reference pics too. :)

@TFG...WOW, your setup is fantastic. Great work!:yess:

So, Now i'm thinking about getting another jacket and shirt and beating it up a bit...with real blood. I'm going to cut my finger and just go ape-sheet.:lecture

Thanks guys:1-1:
Much appreciated.

Back