Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm happy enough with the HT paintjob - flash photo shows the difference between the stock and TFGs repaint to be in TFG's favour but in person the HT paint looks great. That blood on the jacket and tools though is something I want to do. I finally know for certain I'll be getting a table&chair set for him. Can't wait.

Meantime I got T1 pants and boots for my film poster recreation figure. I had Sideshow Sarah Connor pants and T2 boots on it previously but was never satisfied with that. Its looking really cool.

Ingredients:

Billy Sole body
MMS02 jacket
MMS136 pants, boots, gloved hands and .45 longslide

I padded his pants with bubblewrap around the legs, ass and crotch.

Gonna take pics now. No permanent head for him yet...he awaits the HT Police Shootout figure.

I was going to ask you when youre getting your table and chair set.
I look forward to seeing the pics when you get it.
The table and chair im using at the moment is just a prototype. I will use real wood t make it later on.
You should definitely add the blood to his jacket/chain and tools. I think it makes a big difference.

Here are some small details that I added to mine to add more character and to make it more scene-accurate -

1 & 2] Add the bullet hole on his right arm and tuck his left breast pocket in slightly -

Untitled3a.png

UntitledJ.png

3] Rip the chain away from the back of the jacket so that the chain hangs down the front of his arm.
Just use an xacto knife to cut the jacket where the metal chain ring is connected...dont actually try to rip it! -

UntitledK.png

UntitledJL.png

4] Add the chest bullet hole on the left side of his chest, just below his breast pocket -

Untitled3d.png

UntitledJM.png

5] You probably wont want to do this one because it involves painting on the actual body itself.
I added a bullet hole on his T-Shirt - directly under the chest bullet hole on the jacket -

UntitledJMn.png

And lastly, I just tucked both of his lower pockets in completely and made them look "used" by soaking them with watered down paint and rubbing my thumb down it a few times -

UntitledJMo.png

Last edited:
I was going to ask you when youre getting your table and chair set.
I look forward to seeing the pics when you get it.
The table and chair im using at the moment is just a prototype. I will use real wood t make it later on.
You should definitely add the blood to his jacket/chain and tools. I think it makes a big difference.

Here are some small details that I added to mine to add more character and to make it more scene-accurate -

1 & 2] Add the bullet hole on his right arm and tuck his left breast pocket in slightly -

Untitled3a.png

UntitledJ.png

3] Rip the chain away from the back of the jacket so that the chain hangs down the front of his arm.
Just use an xacto knife to cut the jacket where the metal chain ring is connected...dont actually try to rip it! -

UntitledK.png

UntitledJL.png

4] Add the chest bullet hole on the left side of his chest, just below his breast pocket -

Untitled3d.png

UntitledJM.png

5] You probably wont want to do this one because it involves painting on the actual body itself.
I added a bullet hole on his T-Shirt - directly under the chest bullet hole on the jacket -

UntitledJMn.png

And lastly, I just tucked both of his lower pockets in completely and made them look "used" by soaking them with watered down paint and rubbing my thumb down it a few times -

UntitledJMo.png

I really shouldn't slag the Batman guys with their obsessive attention to detail because I found all this very engrossing indeed. When its something I really like I'm as obsessive as the DC guys.

Thanks for this guide on the surgery figure, I will definitely try most of these little mods.

Oh are you still going to modify the hair on the tech noir headsculpt?

Last edited:
I really shouldn't slag the Batman guys with their obsessive attention to detail because I found all this very engrossing indeed. When its something I really like I'm as obsessive as the DC guys.

Thanks for this guide on the surgery figure, I will definitely try most of these little mods.

Yup.
Theres really nothing wrong with obsessive attention to detail, just as long as it isnt done in a negative/winging kind of way, if you know what I mean.
Anyway, no problem, my friend.
If you need any more help along the way, just shoot me a PM or something.
I'll be glad to help.

Oh are you still going to modify the hair on the tech noir headsculpt?

Great memory!
Im not sure yet, Im still umming and ahhing about it.
I more than likely will though, seeing as I have the extra head just stored away doing nothing.
I might even try making the hair longer on my surgery head too.

One more thing I forgot to mention about the surgery jacket -
I "dulled" the shine of the chain a bit by sand-papering it and rubbing watered down black paint on it.
I also sanded the studs on the back and elbow piece and weathered the leather slightly using some fine grit sand paper.
Basically, you dont want ANYTHING to look "new".

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting an extra Tech Noir head to do a little mod. Just slicing off some of the boyband floppy fringe thats encroaching into the middle of his forehead and repainting the cut edges. Simple enough.

I'm thinking of getting an extra Tech Noir head to do a little mod. Just slicing off some of the boyband floppy fringe thats encroaching into the middle of his forehead and repainting the cut edges. Simple enough.

Exactly.
It is quite a simple mod.
The only hard part will be matching and blending the hair colour.
Im going to sculpt the detail back into the cut edges on mine too.

Hey Ski!:wave
Whats up bro!
Again, thanks a lot man. Much appreciated.

I'm doing good man, super busy, I started another sculpt in the GI JOE commission side for this year besides the Myers you all ready know that I've taken on but man I'm moving into a house this month and it's all getting hectic :gah:

I'll probably have a couple more weeks to work on custom items and then I'll be packing :panic:

It's a nice crib though and we are super excited.:1-1:

Back