Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its pine for the table top and some left over balsa i had from another dio i made . Thanks man . Yeah i'm dead serious 15 minutes from start to finish :lol

So what is Balsa like to work with?
Its what Ive ordered to make my table & chair set.
Im just hoping that its strong enough, otherwise Im going to have to find a more suitable wood.
Do you use superglue for the joins?
Again, GREAT job bro.:hi5:
Im very impressed with how quick you made it too! :clap

So what is Balsa like to work with?
Its what Ive ordered to make my table & chair set.
Im just hoping that its strong enough, otherwise Im going to have to find a more suitable wood.
Do you use superglue for the joins?
Again, GREAT job bro.:hi5:
Im very impressed with how quick you made it too! :clap

Balsa wood is very light / easy to cut / i'd say its a little strong , i wouldn't put to much weight on it though .

Yes i used super glue . i didn't feel like using wood glue because it takes along time to dry.

Thanks again TFG :1-1:

Thats excellent! You're right, horrible figure stand-in, but the table is superb! You should try a chair now.

Actually guys, maybe not right now cause I'm spending too much as it is, but I'd love if someone would make a wooden park picnic table/bench as seen in T2:

Terminator_2_366.jpg

Terminator_2_352.jpg

I'd take one for the scene in the pics above.

I can start making these for you guys if there is enough interested . :panic:

i will check the store i got the table top piece from to see if they have more because i bought it a while ago.

Then we can take it from there . Most likely it would be $30 shipped due to time and labor :lol just say the materials cost

$10 bucks (wood)
Stain $5.88
Glue $2.00
$4.95 shipping plus 70 cents for confirmation USPS

sheeeet maybe like $40 shipped :lol

Balsa wood is very light / easy to cut / i'd say its a little strong , i wouldn't put to much weight on it though .

Yes i used super glue . i didn't feel like using wood glue because it takes along time to dry.

Thanks again TFG :1-1:

So, its quite strong then?
As long as it has no problem holding Arnahlds weight in 1:6 scale, its fine.
And yeah, Ive heard superglue is actually great to use with Balsa wood.
Thanks for letting me know.
You should make a chair too:exactly:

Thats excellent! You're right, horrible figure stand-in, but the table is superb! You should try a chair now.

Actually guys, maybe not right now cause I'm spending too much as it is, but I'd love if someone would make a wooden park picnic table/bench as seen in T2:

Terminator_2_366.jpg

Terminator_2_352.jpg

I'd take one for the scene in the pics above.

Thats :lol you just posted that because i wanted to make that table for my Sarah Connor for a while cuz its such a lame figure just standing there with that ugly T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise . i figured it would compliment the figure much better with a picnic table , i will see what i can do and make one this week , i need materials 1st

Thanks for hating my bashed Ahnuld and loving the table :lol

So, its quite strong then?
As long as it has no problem holding Arnahlds weight in 1:6 scale, its fine.
And yeah, Ive heard superglue is actually great to use with Balsa wood.
Thanks for letting me know.
You should make a chair too:exactly:

:lol Heres the weight it can hold (can only fit that many on table)

tablestrength001.jpg

tablestrength002.jpg

tablestrength003.jpg

tablestrength004.jpg

tablestrength005.jpg

tablestrength006.jpg

Yes the super glue is strong . i will make a chair when i get some more wood :lol

:lol Heres the weight it can hold (can only fit that many on table)

tablestrength002.jpg

tablestrength003.jpg

tablestrength004.jpg

tablestrength005.jpg

tablestrength006.jpg

Yes the super glue is strong . i will make a chair when i get some more wood :lol

:horror WOW!!!
Its definitely MUCH stronger than I thought!:yess:
Thanks a lot, Mike!
I was actually quite worried that I would have to search out some other type of wood for this project.
Great stuff.
I look forward to seeing your chair.
Now, if only my balsa would hurry up and get here:impatient:
Im dying to get started on this now.

Thats :lol you just posted that because i wanted to make that table for my Sarah Connor for a while cuz its such a lame figure just standing there with that ugly T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise . i figured it would compliment the figure much better with a picnic table , i will see what i can do and make one this week , i need materials 1st

Thanks for hating my bashed Ahnuld and loving the table :lol

Yeah sorry. I highly recommend another T1 T-800 to set up a surgery figure, especially since you've made yourself a table. Its such a cool display piece from a most memorable scene. The figure captures it so well and even moreso with TFGs mods. P. did a good mod too with a burnt up jacket.

As to the T2 picnic table - I'd love to see one made up fully 1/6th. Personally I love the Sarah figures in their own right but I've got one going on who would look fantastic if I could recreate the NO FATE carving scene. I'd alternate between that and the part where shes puffing on a cig while checking her arsenal. I have an incoming AK-74 for that scene too - a gun no one ended up using but was nevertheless seen in the film.

So to sum up, I'd be interested in paying for a 1/6th picnic table with chair set-up attached like the ones at Enriques camp in T2.

Yeah sorry. I highly recommend another T1 T-800 to set up a surgery figure, especially since you've made yourself a table. Its such a cool display piece from a most memorable scene. The figure captures it so well and even moreso with TFGs mods. P. did a good mod too with a burnt up jacket.

As to the T2 picnic table - I'd love to see one made up fully 1/6th. Personally I love the Sarah figures in their own right but I've got one going on who would look fantastic if I could recreate the NO FATE carving scene. I'd alternate between that and the part where shes puffing on a cig while checking her arsenal. I have an incoming AK-74 for that scene too - a gun no one ended up using but was nevertheless seen in the film.

So to sum up, I'd be interested in paying for a 1/6th picnic table with chair set-up attached like the ones at Enriques camp in T2.

awesome , hey do you have more movie stills of the table , the more the bettert so i can see exactly what i will be making. Thanks again buddy . when i make the chair i will take some pics with the real T-800 sitting there , no more bashed piece of sheeeet
:wave

Back