Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PICT1144.jpg

I hope when mine comes it doesn't look like this. Something's way off about the mask, specifically the eyes. I'm not sure what it is, but luckily not everyone's pics look like that.

they fixed the chest spider, the boots and the colour of the webbing. that's enough for me.

BREAKEEEERRRRRRR!!??? where you be, dude? when you have my spidey?

In some of those Facebook pics his head looks significantly different from this (much closer to the prototype). Weird.

I guess its because this is not a sculpted head like Medicom's. I presume its fabric over a seperate dummy head and depending on the pose the mask may get pulled and stretched differently over the head. :dunno

But the eyes and head shape look actually different. Compare the pic I posted above to this:

IMG_5727.jpg

I suspect it is just futzing and angle, but that's a pretty dramatic freakin' difference.

I guess its because this is not a sculpted head like Medicom's. I presume its fabric over a seperate dummy head and depending on the pose the mask may get pulled and stretched differently over the head. :dunno

Yeah, when I get my 2nd one, I'll take it apart to see what face they used
:thud:

Toy's daily has some comparison pics to the medicom, wow big difference :lol

Yeah, when I get my 2nd one, I'll take it apart to see what face they used
:thud:

Toy's daily has some comparison pics to the medicom, wow big difference :lol

Never mind my fears!!!
These pics do it for me...
:rock!

PICT1151.jpg

PICT1152.jpg

PICT1153.jpg

PICT1154.jpg

PICT1155.jpg

PICT1156.jpg

Just realized that Medicom's had the same lower neck bulk problem..
I guess it's needed so Spidey can look up...

OK you can see how the head is jointed there. Doesn't look too good from the side but its probably possible to repose it and achieve something that looks nice.

shame about the way the wrists look, but i guess it's the only way with swappable hands. really, spidey must be one of the hardest figures to do in 1/6.

would love to see a side by side of HT's and medi's spiderman 2.

I think it looks really good but under certain lighting it looks really cheap, like the mego figure. Im sure in hand tho its probably great.

A few more detailed pics...
Looks really good here:

P1010704.jpg

P1010687.jpg

It would look better if the webbing would cover up the stitching where the red and blue areas of the suit match up. I wonder if the webbing can be loosened and reglued over the stitching or maybe a little dark blue fabric paint could be used to touch it up. Chances are it isn't too noticeable in person or at a normal viewing distance.

shame about the way the wrists look, but i guess it's the only way with swappable hands. really, spidey must be one of the hardest figures to do in 1/6.

would love to see a side by side of HT's and medi's spiderman 2.

It would be interesting,
but a little pointless...
Check these pics:
NOTE: These are MEDICOM's Spidey 2 (before anybody starts panicking... :lol)

I think it looks really good but under certain lighting it looks really cheap, like the mego figure. Im sure in hand tho its probably great.
:exactly:

It would look better if the webbing would cover up the stitching where the red and blue areas of the suit match up. I wonder if the webbing can be loosened and reglued over the stitching or maybe a little dark blue fabric paint could be used to touch it up. Chances are it isn't too noticeable in person or at a normal viewing distance.
:lecture

Back