Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that's. . .why you are doing it yourself here? :monkey1

I'm not saying that Sideshow is wrong for actually releasing the products they show when "official" pics are first announced. Or that Hot Toys is right for making modifications. Just observing how they do business, respectively.

Nah, I would be if I didn't know what I was talking about. :lol

Both companies make changes all the time after something is announced. They both read boards and take things into consideration based on what they're already doing or making changes to.

Not trying to be rude but saying they don't listen or make changes is just not accurate at all.

Thought some might enjoy that. :lol

I'd be shocked if it wasn't really all the specs are already out.

Thats what I'm thinking or maybe earlier. They did put one of the platoon guys before the newsletter a few weeks ago.

Even though the mask isn't removable, they could still have included a Parker head. Spider-man is nothing without Peter, he's the real character in a way that I don't think any other hero is.

where would you put the Parker head if the mask doesn't come off? might as well make another separate Peter figure.

Maybe Toby said no to the likeness. He might want nothing to do with Spider-Man after all that happened with Raimi

Does he have a choice? I know with older films not all the actors signed their likeness away but I can imagine with all the merch Spider-man 3 had he would have signed something to say that his likeness can be used on future products.

I wouldn't be surprised if this figure as one of the biggest changes from the Proto due to all the moaning on here. It will probably mean that the release date will be pushed back even further because of it.

I like the figure a lot, but I too am disappointed at the lack of a Toby headsculpt. Sure, a lot of people dont mind that it's missing, but imo, this is a movie masterpiece figure, and therefore it should be included. (if it's based off the movie version, then it should resemble the actor, not just the character) I feel that leaving the Toby sculpt out could have just warranted this figure to be in the comic masterpiece line as a basic spidey. Again, we dont know all the details, so maybe his likeness wasnt allowed, or maybe they just didnt want to break up the suit at the neck. Perhaps eventually we may see a toby hs down the line. I personally would like the black suit spidey to come with a parker headsculpt and civilian clothes packed in, ala the T-1000. And moreover, people are asking why you would even want a parker sculpt...well, to me its always nice to have more posing options, so having the masked and unmasked displays are a welcome plus. anyway, just my 2 cents.

The Black Suited and Venom should be interesting, they shouldn't look like cloth realistically. The Black Suited maybe you can get away with it but Venom never did look that way...I'm interested to see how they handle that.

the webbing is a bit bright but even as is its a purchase for me thats for sure. Im excited for venom and the black costume too!

I think the hardest part for them was finding a fabric that would work for a fig. I think maybe that's what is throwing some people off :dunno

Sideshow just put up the Pre-order. Looks like it's a $149 figure. Makes sense. Although, I can just see after 6 months people complaining that the webbing is peeling off. The figure looks great as stands now though.

Back