Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Licensing fees will definitely keep these over a $100. Hell if HT did Star Wars for example I guarantee you the LFL licensing fees would have them charging damn near $200 per standard figure and much over that for armored.

Most likely due to the license and creation of a unique body.

Regarding the license, this is exactly right. Major marvel character licenses aren't cheap, and keep in mind that a Tobey Maguire likeness fee would push the cost of this figure even higher.

10% to 15% of each figures cost likely goes towards the licensing fee.
Apparently, HT negotiated a blanket license deal with Marvel for access to all movie characters. Not sure if Sony gets a cut, but they currently hold the movie rights.

Don't know if anybody already posted this, from what i've read, but he is already up for pre order on the sideshow website for $149.99 and shipping is estimated 3rd quarter of 2011. I ordered mine.

If somebody already posted, sorry for the repeat. EDIT NOTE: (yup, just noticed someoned posted the link right above me, beat me by 3 min.)

Price is a bit higher than I expected... but if you get it from a retailer it'll be $135 which isn't too bad.

Quick question... any differences between this look and what he wore in 1 or 2?

Easy preorder for me. This figure (along with the upcoming Superman) are must haves. After that, I'm retiring from Hot Toys figs...Only have so much room for these...

Little surprised its higher than the $135 but ordered none the less. Great looking 1:6th figure.

Nah, I would be if I didn't know what I was talking about. :lol

Both companies make changes all the time after something is announced. They both read boards and take things into consideration based on what they're already doing or making changes to.

Not trying to be rude but saying they don't listen or make changes is just not accurate at all.
what is the frequency of these changes in sideshow products that you notice, as compared to ht's? one or two rare instances doesnt make it a habit. with ht, you can almost always expect things to be improved upon release because precisely ht has the habit of doing that.

why is this over $100? because of the stand?
because that huge most unappealing base in the history of all bases is made of a real rock.

Yeah, I was going to say ' just because I have only 49 posts, I'm not invisible!' Being ignored on forums hurts. Down deep. Where I'm soft, like a woman. :)

lol.

You have me beat by 20 post man, so if you're invisible, what am I?

Yeah I hit post reply but got occupied and didn't finish my post for about 5 min, so I hadn't seen your's

I am not a huge spiderman fan, but come on!!! It's Spiderman!! I bought whiplash for god sakes, outside of the movie I know nothing of him. Spiderman is a must!! even if he is a whinny little bee ash sometimes.

Ive pre-ordered, but am stille not completley sold on this piece, its a shame that that chose some extreme poses that obviously cannot be obtained without some kind of help/support, and last i checked spidey wasnt pulling a p diddy with his eyepieces blinged up with diamonds.

I'm probably gonna pose him in "a landing on the train" stance like in SM2

Price is a bit higher than I expected... but if you get it from a retailer it'll be $135 which isn't too bad.

Not that much different really. It is very minor change between all three films.

From 1 to 2 they made the colours more pronounced and gave him the webbing on his palms, (missing in Spidey 1).

From 2 to 3 the webbing is a darker gray, and raised more from the suit and his eyes have an amber tint now. Again, the colours pop more, (could be the CGI), and the hexagon print is sharper.

As if my message is too short!

Yes. The thing is that most wouldn't have noticed.

In Spider-Man 1 his costume is a red and blue with black weblines. The red portion is "bricked" with the blue portion resembling pentagon shapes. The weblines on the legs and arms are more straight than angled or curved and the spider on the front is more wide than long with the back spider looking more like the comic counterpart.

spiderman1.jpg

In Spider-Man 2 his costume is a red and blue with silver weblines. The red portion has the pentagon/octagon shape while the blue portion is bricked. The spider on the front isn't really changed all that much but the back is more stylized like the front and all of the weblines are angled.

Tobey_Maguire_in_Spider-Man_2_Wallpaper_6_1024.jpg

In Spider-Man 3 he wore a red and blue with metallic gray weblines that showed silver in the light but outside of the light showed more black or dark gray. The spider is longer with a longer body and longer legs, using the shortness from the first film. The patterning on the costume is the same from the second film.

2007_spider_man_3_0012.jpg

spider-man_3_07051.jpg

Its like Vader at this point where from the first film there is a significant difference but from second from third its very limited.

what is the frequency of these changes in sideshow products that you notice, as compared to ht's? one or two rare instances doesnt make it a habit. with ht, you can almost always expect things to be improved upon release because precisely ht has the habit of doing that.

I don't know if its every piece but its more often than folks notice or will admit to it.

Nah, I would be if I didn't know what I was talking about. :lol

Both companies make changes all the time after something is announced. They both read boards and take things into consideration based on what they're already doing or making changes to.

Not trying to be rude but saying they don't listen or make changes is just not accurate at all.
How often does Sideshow release pics for a pre-order and then make changes based on fan comments? From what I've read here and have observed myself, the changes are extremely infrequent. If I'm wrong, then prove it and I'll admit that I'm wrong. I'm more a 1/6 scale collector, so admittedly, I pay more attention to Hot Toys. But I've paid a fair amount of attention to Sideshow's statues (and the Joe figures of course) and they seem to open up a product for order and let it go. Fan complaints after the fact be damned. If unexpected changes pop up, they are usually in terms of the factory's inability to convey what was shown on the product page, not a conscious choice by Sideshow. Hot Toys changes stuff all the time after releasing "official" pictures. This has nothing to do with customer service, by the way. Sideshow may make a rare change here or there (Firefly head and I recall reading about some statue getting pupils), but that's not "making changes all the time."

Back