Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img0974no.jpg
:lol Cool pic :D

King Darkness and EVILFACE are my favorite pics/poses so far! :clap

With King's, I wanted to yell....Spidey, watch out for Mola Ram behind you :lol

EF's pic looks like Spidey is on a large clock in NYC. :rock

Brilliant pic of Spidey on the clock, EF! :rock Also agree about figure of the year for sure.

Thanks for all the comments about the shelf, guys! It's not even one I built just for Spidey, though. It's a 5 year old stand with a silver glaze I was messing with. The one I'm making for Spidey is still in the works.

That is an awesome pic! Probably my favorite Ive seen of this figure so far! Great job! Looks like a scene right out of the movie!!:clap:clap:clap

Really cant wait to get this guy and Sweeney in the mail this week!! They both look great!

I can honestly say without question that this is one of the greatest high end action figures ever made and was well worth my 37 year wait.

spiderman.jpg

Figure of the mothereffin' year.

finally got my hands on the bug and love it. now if HT would only do a black symbiote non movie variant...

Just received this guy and had a chance to look him over. Really nicely done all around. The stitching, webbing, proportions...everything is top notch. Slightly affraid to pose him just due to the webbing.

Got my Spider-Man figure today as well and I'm pretty pleased, overall. The suit webbing is well done and gives the figure a great visual texture. The body holds poses very well, as is expected with a Hot Toys body. It truly does look very realistic. A few bits of constructive criticism:

- The shoulders look a little awkward an unnatural in certain poses and the body can't achieve all the promo shot poses very easily.
- The webs aren't rigid enough and droop downward.
- The clock tower figure stage is a cool piece, but has an obvious seam and would have been better if done as a single piece (more on this piece below).
- The suit webbing is fragile and will be cause for those collectors who don't like the rubber material--due to degradation fears--concern.

Finally, I would have loved to have had some sort of magnet feature in the hands, feet and figure stage so you can achieve some of the more acrobatic poses without support. It would have been a really cool way to display what is a great figure. Is it perfect? Not quite. Is it a great start in what should be the first of many Spider-Man figure from Hot Toys? Yes; and I'm sure we'll get improvements with each new version!

Congrats coco, looking good buddy :)

Just received this guy and had a chance to look him over. Really nicely done all around. The stitching, webbing, proportions...everything is top notch. Slightly affraid to pose him just due to the webbing.

Yeah I was, well still am the same way. I'm extra careful just in case with the webbing.

Opened mine up & ..... Wow, having this 'in hand' is totally different to seeing pics (no matter how good). & to think this used to be available for pre order at $123US once upon a time. I don't remember being this impressed when opening a figure.

For me, not owning this would have been a fail. Seriously, this figure is :cool:

BTW, my box isn't as screwed as I thought it would be.

Finally, I would have loved to have had some sort of magnet feature in the hands, feet and figure stage so you can achieve some of the more acrobatic poses without support. It would have been a really cool way to display what is a great figure.
:clap I like that idea :hi5:

forgot about them shipping in the HT shipper...I need to ask them to double box as well. Do they charge extra for that at SSC?

They double box?

I'd actually want the brown shipping box to be bubble wrapped & placed in another box, then shipped to me :D

It would be cool if SSC gave you that option :D

BTW, my IM box came dented.

any idea how much extra?

You'll have to ring/email SSC and request a 'pack-out'. Shouldn't cost too much extra if you're in the US. It turned a $37 shipping fee into an $87 shipping fee for the DX04 to be shipped to Oz though. I went with the cheaper option and the box luckily arrived in pristine condition. A mint box just wasn't worth the extra $50 for me personally.

You'll have to ring/email SSC and request a 'pack-out'. Shouldn't cost too much extra if you're in the US. It turned a $37 shipping fee into an $87 shipping fee for the DX04 to be shipped to Oz though. I went with the cheaper option and the box luckily arrived in pristine condition. A mint box just wasn't worth the extra $50 for me personally.
:hi5: That's good to know. I don't know why I assumed it would only be a few extra $ for a 'pack out'. That $50 figure seems excessive :D

Back