Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine tonight. Great figure, though my figure's wrist peg snapped off inside his fist (first time that's happened to me with an HT wrist peg). Some pics:

DSC_0094-1.jpg

DSC_0097-1.jpg

DSC_0103-1.jpg

DSC_0104-2.jpg

DSC_0101-1.jpg

DSC_0088-1.jpg

DSC_0100-1.jpg

Mine will be here Thursday, I'm sort of excited. There have only been a few pics in here that have sold me on it and it's these,

spiderman.jpg

P1060673.jpg

11070400035b7d1af13bd60.jpg

58996019841a63e75bd9b.jpg

1107040003f51a968d426a8.jpg

11070222283ef1076c03dceedf.jpg

11070100572330e22e2cc16ff3.jpg

12271d64.jpg

And that doesn't even scratch the surface of all the pictures that have been shown of it so far in this thread.Everything else makes this release iffy. I'm worried about possible quality control issues, especially with the fabric suit, specifically the hemming and stitching. I don't know, it seems like a complicated figure to make with high chances of issues.

I expect it to be better in hand but my opinion keeps swaying in both directions. Sometimes it looks perfect and real, other times it looks REALLY funky and toyish. I really hope mine turns out okay.

Sometimes it looks perfect and real, other times it looks REALLY funky and toyish. I really hope mine turns out okay.

Now that I have it in-hand I would say that's a matter of posing and photography. Mostly posing.

Yeah, this figure is fragile though. My webbing has already snapped in two places. (upper arm)From just inserting hands and handling. Had to use some real small amounts of super glue to fix it.

Yikes. I was wondering about that since the instructions say excessive handling could cause damage to the webbing. I broke a wrist peg thus far. Hopefully that'll be the extent of the damage to this. It's really hard not to walk by him on the shelf without reposing though.

Yikes. I was wondering about that since the instructions say excessive handling could cause damage to the webbing. I broke a wrist peg thus far. Hopefully that'll be the extent of the damage to this. It's really hard not to walk by him on the shelf without reposing though.

stay away from the spidey! baaad spidey! mess you up!

I posed mine and that's it. Not touching it again. It's a beautiful figure, but very delicate. My friend already snagged the costume on his thigh. Just not made for a lot of handling.

I agree. Sadly, this figure feels way too fragile for a figure that is absolutely made to be posed and reposed 'til the cows come home.

Just great, the most poseable character in Marvel history yet its hands off or else risk damage :gah: :slap

It might as well just be MODOK or Aunt May up on my shelf. :lol

Last edited:
Mine arrives on Thursday. It's gonna be tough picking one pose for this guy. Don't want to break the webbing or anything.

Got mine today but I think I am going to try get a replacement. Anyone else have incredibly poor stitching on the left arm and side of the figure? Right side is stitched up good and tight but this is what the left arm looks like.

Left arm stitching
p1060087s.jpg

VS
Right arm stitching
p1060089d.jpg

Man, all these issues people are having are causing me to inspect, and reinspect my Spidey :thud:

I picked mine up on Saturday but just opened in this evening. I was afraid of what I might find after all these post. Thankfully there weren't any issues. :clap

:horror :horror :horror

:thud:

Hell, even the good right arm has some slight seperation.

The left looks like Frankenstein's forehead :yuck

Return that bad boy to sender!

Right arm looks fine and is stitched well in person but the left side concerns me and looks that bad in person.

Back