Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the off-topic question but does anyone know if BBTS allows you to use Store Credit and pay the rest on CC? I have $30 of Store Credit and want to get this using it. Is it possible?

I apologize for the off-topic question :(

I was working at Kay-Bee at the time when it came out. Me & my friend joked that we wouldn't even steal that thing. It was so bad.

spiderman(fc).jpg

Hey, I bought that entire series of Marvel Figures, even doubles of some. They were Marvel Famous Covers Figures, I even got Aunt May.

got mine, no issues. wish it came with a human head HT does so well but still an excellent doll and for $160 cant complain.

looking at my pre orders i have pretty much stopped buying any SS PF and switched entirely to HTs, didnt even realize it. There is just no comparison in term of the craftsmanship and detail.

My last SS PF was the gollum which i love. After that it's HTs all the way.

I was working at Kay-Bee at the time when it came out. Me & my friend joked that we wouldn't even steal that thing. It was so bad.

spiderman(fc).jpg

Hey he is still pretty kewl. The 3 Spidermen, Hulk and Iron Man were all great from that line, the rest . . . . .

Still have a box full of them in the attic.

Sorry for the off-topic question but does anyone know if BBTS allows you to use Store Credit and pay the rest on CC? I have $30 of Store Credit and want to get this using it. Is it possible?

I apologize for the off-topic question :(

As far as I know, the store credit gets used automatically on your next purchase and your credit card on file gets used for the remainder.

BBTS got theirs in, very surprised. So surprised I didn't have any funds on that credit card :doh

..off to the bank in the pissing down rain for me then!

My local comic shop got mine in last Friday, so they seem to be getting them out to resellers more quickly with Spiderman.

Hey he is still pretty kewl. The 3 Spidermen, Hulk and Iron Man were all great from that line

Ha, I only purchased three figures from that line and they are the exact three you listed. Bought them as a nod to my childhood mego figures.

Hard to believe almost 15 years have passed since.

Still got 'em !!

What's the stitching under the chin down the neck look like for you guys?

Mine seems "off"...

Has weird lump on his left shoulder and the entire sit is twisted to the left.

And his mask was of course off center, first time out of the box i have ever had an issue with a HT product.

Literally out of the box. i hate this figure and it makes me sad. :(

M.

I got the lump on the left shoulder too, but I've seen that in other figures/pics too.

See left shoulder below:

[Don't mean to diminish your figure EXOTICLEX. I think they all have that.] Weird that it's just the one side. :dunno

My suit twists a little to the right, but that can be futzed away.

Mine was exactly like yours. Yours will just need more futzing. Dont be afraid to try to adjust the fabric. For the stitch under the chin, just pull it underneath and smoothen it out with your fingers. It should almost disappear.
For the shoulders, there's a layer of clothing underneath that's there so that the Joints wont be obvious. I thought mine was broken also cause one shoulder looked smooth, then one was funky. But right out of the box, on the one with the funky shoulder, there was a lot of excess black undershirt on that arm. So I figured, by pushing that undershirt up more, it would cover the shoulders and smooth it out. Sure enough, after futzing with it, it looked just like the other shoulder. That's the reason why this figure looks bad ass, HT pretty much copied the same concept of the original Spiderman suit. Tobey wore a muscle suit underneath the regular suit, That's why he looked muscular. Hot Toys used an undershirt underneath so that it would smoothen the muscles of the truetype so it wont look toylike.

...I don't follow...

I think he's saying there's another piece of cloth in between the body and the outer suit and you just have to mess around with it so that the middle material gets smoothed out so that the bump disappears

I think he's saying there's another piece of cloth in between the body and the outer suit and you just have to mess around with it so that the middle material gets smoothed out so that the bump disappears

Bingo!

Yup. What I did with mine was I rolled up the the outer sleeves (the red suit's sleeve) so that the black sleeve (cloth in between the suit and the arm) is exposed. Then I wiggled the black undershirt sleeve up towards the shoulder til the bulge on the shoulder disappeared. Then I rolled the outer suit's sleeve back down.

Last edited:
Back