Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines going back for a replacement. Just don't think i should have to deal with broken webbing for the price. (when nobody else is having the issue.)

Ah, the wait continues. Least i got as tease.

Broken suit webbing or web shooter webbing?

Mines going back for a replacement. Just don't think i should have to deal with broken webbing for the price. (when nobody else is having the issue.)

Ah, the wait continues. Least i got as tease.

You're not alone bro. Mine came with some minor tearing at the very tip of his right toe, a small hole at the top of his right calf & the inside upper left leg of the spider on his chest is broken off at the tip.

Already contacted SSCs. Waiting for a response....:impatient:

I look forward to seeing that. :)

Just notice the stand slip down when I moved him to take the photo. Had him more in midair in the case. Had one of those clear Medicom stands, but the clamp part broke as I tried to put it around his waist without snagging the material.

100_5159.jpg

Here's one in midair.

100_5161.jpg

Love that shot! :rock

Thanks, here's a few more -

DSC_0444-6.jpg

DSC_0446-6.jpg

DSC_0450-5.jpg

DSC_0452-4.jpg

DSC_0453-2.jpg

DSC_0457-1.jpg

DSC_0459-1.jpg

DSC_0461-2.jpg

I'm really happy with this figure. I see small issues here and there but nothing that bothers me - it's a tricky costume because the simplicity makes it much easier to spot an error. I imagine most people will be able to find something that doesn't line up if they look long enough.

Not to undermine you guys who are sending it back - we all have our threshold and busted webbing would probably be mine, too.

I realize this isn't rocket science but one thing I'd suggest is opening the extra wrist pegs and sticking them in whatever your "go to" hands are for swapping. I got tired of pulling pegs out of the hands so I put one set of pegs in the fists, one in a grasping hand and one in a crawling hand. Makes it a little easier and quicker to switch him up.

Mine also had very tight joints, especially in the hips. As I was attempting wide leg stances I thought I was stressing the suit but it was actually the hip joints resisting. Keep adjusting the suit as you pose and you should be able to get the pose you're looking for, within reason.

Nice pics and i agree with everything you said. I just hope they have some left for my replacement.

(I need that stand for when i get my replacement.)

Initially when i saw pics of base i had no intentions of using that block of plastic but after seeing him on it in person, i couldn't resist it.

So, i went ahead and got a case for him and did this with it:

100_9071.jpg

I should have taken more pics with different poses but i was sort of in a hurry, i had to obviously use only half the base to have him standing upright but he will fit in it with the full base in a crouching position. I can take more pics of that later.

Some more pics:

100_9074.jpg

100_9077.jpg

100_9069.jpg

BTW, i didn't pose him, just threw him in the case... pose to come!

M.

Nice pics and i agree with everything you said. I just hope they have some left for my replacement.

(I need that stand for when i get my replacement.)

Did you order from SSC? I'm sure they'll have replacements. My buddy just got his shipment (owns a comic shop) and they even reduced his number, I think he ended up with 30. I'm sure SSC is holding some back since the demand is so high on this.

Also just got this. Amazing figure. Looks just like the movie, except a miniature man in a suit. One thing is annoying me though. I hate to go OCD, but his right eye is touching the middle webbing on his face (ie. eyes are not centred).. what can I say, I am a face guy :rotfl
Any suggestions? :)

spideyhead.jpg

In all honesty, I'm really only concerned about the tears at the toe since the fabric is pulled tight at that spot and the toe is slightly pointed...the spider I could live with and I can fix the hole with fabric glue...I think. If I futz the suit in those areas, you can't even see the holes. Once you start stretching it to pose it, u can see em.

I'm not as worried about it as this fig only cost me $50+/- with my reward points. So however SSCs wants to work it out is fine by me. If I had paid full price, I would certainly expect a complete replacement.

The one thing I worry about is getting another that is worst off than the one I have :horror

Also just got this. Amazing figure. Looks just like the movie, except a miniature man in a suit. One thing is annoying me though. I hate to go OCD, but his right eye is touching the middle webbing on his face (ie. eyes are not centred).. what can I say, I am a face guy :rotfl
Any suggestions? :)

Mine was the same way. Just gently move down the mask under the eye (that's what I did). Or you can remove the eye and futz it like others have done.

Back