Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just put the line through the drilled holes in each of his hands, not just the gap between the fingers and palm. It help him up just fine but I already took him down because its too hard to leave the figure alone lol

and on a side note, your title under your username is disturbing lol

Drilled holes in each of his hands? Huh?

P1140545.jpg

P1140539.jpg

P1140543.jpg

P1140550.jpg

P1140547.jpg

P1140537.jpg

These were taken in natural light and the first 4 are virtually untouched. That's as close as I can come to representing the figure accurately.​

I received mine from CSC yesterday and opened it up last night. The presentation of the box is a really nice touch. Definitely an eye opener compared to those bland Terminator boxes. It's a really nice display, from the textures of the front to the layers and folds once you open it. The figure itself is amazing, no doubt about it. I literally couldn't put it down. The look, the feel, everything about it is fantastic. As far as quality control problems go, none to be found here, which surprised me. The webbing on the face is all lined up properly, the tailoring is just as good as the best ones I've seen here and absolutely nothing is broken. I futzed with it a bit and just can't get over how life like this thing is, it really is a well done figure.

I love how the web functions with the wrist pegs and how seamless the hands are with the fabric body. The range of motions you can get with the boots are astounding as well, especially when you consider that many assumed they wouldn't move at all. I think the coolest part are the eyes, I love that texture behind the lenses.

The proportions are really good too. I know everyone has said this before, but it actually looks like there's a person inside the suit and they were shrunk to 1/6 scale. The fit of the suit is that good which must be from the layer of clothing underneath.

I have a few gripes though. The figure's side head profile is kind of odd. I mean, it looks like he doesn't have a chin, it's not really pronounced. I have yet to see one figure that doesn't have this. I mean, yeah it has a chin, but the way the fabric sits from the chin down to the neck and collar bone makes it look like there isn't a chin. I'm sure there's no way around this and the face does look great looking straight on, but it's just something I noticed. I don't think that mask could hug the face/head any tighter.

The only other gripe I have are those damn hand pegs. The hands just aren't soft pliable enough to pull the pegs out, it's such a tight fit. It reminds me of the problems I had with the original OC TDK Batman. They just won't come out without brute force, and I don't want to risk damaging the peg. The 2 extra pegs are nice, but even with 4 hands available, there's still atleast 6 others that can't be used. I wish they'd just insert the pegs into each hand, so all 10 can be used without having to rip the pegs out. I know there's the boil and pop and blow dryer method, but I wouldn't risk potentially ruining the color of the hands.

I predict alot of broken hand pegs in the future.

Other than that, perfect, solid figure. After I posed it a bit, I put it back in the box. Currently I don't have space to display it and I'm also afraid that if I have it set up I'll be too tempted to mess around with it. I figure it's safer right back in the box, in it's neutral stance and can be easily gotten to and handled any time I wish.

Needless to say, I bought another one from another store. This is a figure where back ups and extras are necessary. My only disappointment is this new trend where all these stores decide to jack up the prices when the figure finally surfaces. CSC is great, I can't praise them enough. But that's annoying that I originally paid $140 for this via preorder and now, when they finally have it they've marked it up to $170ish. To think that there were preorders for $120 originally but I didn't think the figure looked "good enough" and that I'd wait for inhand pics.

Didn't think I would but I WILL get the black suit version.

I received mine from CSC yesterday and opened it up last night. The presentation of the box is a really nice touch. Definitely an eye opener compared to those bland Terminator boxes. It's a really nice display, from the textures of the front to the layers and folds once you open it. The figure itself is amazing, no doubt about it. I literally couldn't put it down. The look, the feel, everything about it is fantastic. As far as quality control problems go, none to be found here, which surprised me. The webbing on the face is all lined up properly, the tailoring is just as good as the best ones I've seen here and absolutely nothing is broken. I futzed with it a bit and just can't get over how life like this thing is, it really is a well done figure.

I love how the web functions with the wrist pegs and how seamless the hands are with the fabric body. The range of motions you can get with the boots are astounding as well, especially when you consider that many assumed they wouldn't move at all. I think the coolest part are the eyes, I love that texture behind the lenses.

The proportions are really good too. I know everyone has said this before, but it actually looks like there's a person inside the suit and they were shrunk to 1/6 scale. The fit of the suit is that good which must be from the layer of clothing underneath.

I have a few gripes though. The figure's side head profile is kind of odd. I mean, it looks like he doesn't have a chin, it's not really pronounced. I have yet to see one figure that doesn't have this. I mean, yeah it has a chin, but the way the fabric sits from the chin down to the neck and collar bone makes it look like there isn't a chin. I'm sure there's no way around this and the face does look great looking straight on, but it's just something I noticed. I don't think that mask could hug the face/head any tighter.

The only other gripe I have are those damn hand pegs. The hands just aren't soft pliable enough to pull the pegs out, it's such a tight fit. It reminds me of the problems I had with the original OC TDK Batman. They just won't come out without brute force, and I don't want to risk damaging the peg. The 2 extra pegs are nice, but even with 4 hands available, there's still atleast 6 others that can't be used. I wish they'd just insert the pegs into each hand, so all 10 can be used without having to rip the pegs out. I know there's the boil and pop and blow dryer method, but I wouldn't risk potentially ruining the color of the hands.

I predict alot of broken hand pegs in the future.

Other than that, perfect, solid figure. After I posed it a bit, I put it back in the box. Currently I don't have space to display it and I'm also afraid that if I have it set up I'll be too tempted to mess around with it. I figure it's safer right back in the box, in it's neutral stance and can be easily gotten to and handled any time I wish.

Needless to say, I bought another one from another store. This is a figure where back ups and extras are necessary. My only disappointment is this new trend where all these stores decide to jack up the prices when the figure finally surfaces. CSC is great, I can't praise them enough. But that's annoying that I originally paid $140 for this via preorder and now, when they finally have it they've marked it up to $170ish. To think that there were preorders for $120 originally but I didn't think the figure looked "good enough" and that I'd wait for inhand pics.

Didn't think I would but I WILL get the black suit version.

Too many words :monkey4

hey nick, got anymore of that fishing line? lol.. actually not a bad idea.. may switch to that and hope that it doesn't snap!

Lol I do but you can get that stuff for pretty cheap just about anywhere. There is very little chance of it snapping on a 1lb ish figure when it can hold up on huge ass fish lol

Back