Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's not the first time I thought I broke one.

A while back, after having the ankle in a bent position for a while, I noticed that it was floppy and wouldn't hold in one place. I thought it was broken at first, but after fiddling with it a bit I realized that the ball joint had just popped out. So I popped it back in and all was good.

I thought the same thing happened today. The ankle was floppy, and I tried to push it back in place... sadly it didn't fix it and it feels worse now. Pretty sure I broke something.

Can someone remind how to take the boot off?

Is it possible to get at the ankle joint?

Well it's not the first time I thought I broke one.

A while back, after having the ankle in a bent position for a while, I noticed that it was floppy and wouldn't hold in one place. I thought it was broken at first, but after fiddling with it a bit I realized that the ball joint had just popped out. So I popped it back in and all was good.

I thought the same thing happened today. The ankle was floppy, and I tried to push it back in place... sadly it didn't fix it and it feels worse now. Pretty sure I broke something.

Can someone remind how to take the boot off?

Is it possible to get at the ankle joint?

Yes Mag, you can easily remove the boot. It fits over the leg by two rectangular tabs: SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO EXERT ROTATION BUT ONLY TRANSLATION WHEN YOU REMOVE IT!

After that, you can see the damage or not.
If you have to reposition the fabric of the boot, you can access it by removing gently the sole. :wink1:

Yeah, I'm not doing that.

I bought a DSLR with telephoto lens yesterday. And I got a $10 extension tubes set in place of an $800 macro lens. :yess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6WW_gPYCms&feature=related

Should have the camera tomorrow and the tubes by Friday. :rock

I got the extension tubes as well. but BE WARNED. They do not act as a zoom for a lens. the only allow you to get closer to the subject to focus, so if you wanted to get a shot of a 1/6 face, you're going to need to get the lens within an inch of the figures face to get a focused shot. They won't work if you're more than an inch or so away from your subject, it sucks that's not how its described but that's the way they work. I haven't tried the magnified lens filters but those might work differently than the extension tubes.

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

spiderman just chillin

Yes Mag, you can easily remove the boot. It fits over the leg by two rectangular tabs: SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO EXERT ROTATION BUT ONLY TRANSLATION WHEN YOU REMOVE IT!

After that, you can see the damage or not.
If you have to reposition the fabric of the boot, you can access it by removing gently the sole. :wink1:

Thanks for the tips. I hope I can figure something out. :(

I got the extension tubes as well. but BE WARNED. They do not act as a zoom for a lens. the only allow you to get closer to the subject to focus, so if you wanted to get a shot of a 1/6 face, you're going to need to get the lens within an inch of the figures face to get a focused shot. They won't work if you're more than an inch or so away from your subject, it sucks that's not how its described but that's the way they work. I haven't tried the magnified lens filters but those might work differently than the extension tubes.

Thanks for the info.

They came a day earlier, so I have the camera and tubes already! Can't wait to play! :banana

Rebel T3 + telephoto with IS.

I've been thinking about getting one for a while, but I blame you. :wave

Well, I don't know how nice they are but I've snapped quite a few already. I have a lot to learn. I want to get as much as I can out of it and it's nothing like my point and shoot.

Well, I don't know how nice they are but I've snapped quite a few already. I have a lot to learn. I want to get as much as I can out of it and it's nothing like my point and shoot.

yea but that's what makes these so great! You have three ways to control your aperture. you have your ISO, Shutter, and then you're Iris which is on the lens. a lower ISO gets you less noisy pictures but then you'd have to use a wide open lens and the higher your shutter the sharper your picture can be, but the higher the shutter, the darker your image gets. so it's pretty much finding a balance between all three that you like when you take photos. have fun with the new camera! I love cameras so nothing really gets me excited like getting a new camera in my hands lol

This figure is an attention grabber judging by the number of pics posted in this thread. Cant wait to pick one up.

Back