Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...But my favorite scene with him, more so than his 2 cool kills, was when he was gazing down upon earth being able to witness Thor's suffering, the close up on his eye was emotional.

See, that's why Heimdel is liked, that's why HT needs to make him....

"Can you see her?"

"Yes....she is looking for you..."

Yes...great character...would make a great figure.

It'll probably look like this with some changes in the skull cap.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This pic is exactly the type of thing I dreaded when Evans was announced as Captain America. He looks like an arrogant prick. Thankfully I didn't get even the slightest hint of that from the footage in the two trailers. He comes across as downright sympathetic. Bring on the movie, PF, and HT figures!

This movie was so bad ass, I feel we will get a minimum of 5 figures from it.
Thor
Odin
Loki
Heimdel
? (so many great characters to still choose from)

Destroyer would be absolutely awesome, but the size worries me if they will even attempt it.

I don't know....I think Agent Coulson was the baddest mofo there.
I think that figure is better than anyone on your list. :rock

Hmmmm, I wonder if I watched the movie?

If we got Loki and Heimdel that would be great. I don't think they would make anyone else.

I like Heimdel's potential, we know he can kick ass, it just wasn't shown so much.

Therefore, based off his potential alone, a figure is a must :lecture

True, we didn't get to see the full force of Heimdall but it's certainly implied based on his position as Guardian of the Rainbow Bridge, 1 of the most trusted servants of Odin.

Wasn't he the guardian of Asgard before Thor?

still on the fence about this is the cheapest pre order around $150?

Yeah I was on the fence too. Took to long and now it's pretty much sold out at every retailer I like to buy my figures from. It was for the best though... I decided to pass on it. HT is DEFINITELY making another one for the Avengers movie and they often outdo themselves, so I'm confident the new Thor figure will be superior. All I need is one Thor, might as well be the better one.

Yeah I was on the fence too. Took to long and now it's pretty much sold out at every retailer I like to buy my figures from. It was for the best though... I decided to pass on it. HT is DEFINITELY making another one for the Avengers movie and they often outdo themselves, so I'm confident the new Thor figure will be superior. All I need is one Thor, might as well be the better one.

:lol:lol:lol

I'll worry about other versions as they're released. The great thing about HT figs is that you will rarely lose out on any of the money you spend on it, so you can always "upgrade" at a later time:yess: But in the end, I loved the movie, and this figure will represent that, and I can't wait to finally own it since it's still a very well done figure.

Can you tell me what next week's winning Mega Millions numbers are as well? :)

I've got to say, I know a lot of people are convinced Thor and Cap will have upgraded/new costumes for Avengers... I'm not convinced yet. To me it'd be smarter to save the money on the costume design and construction on all the other new stuff they'll need for the Avengers. That's not to say they won't do it, I just think the case for it is weaker then some people think. I know the IM suits have changed, but that's also somewhat intrinsic in the character.

you can still get it for $150 at places

Can you tell me what next week's winning Mega Millions numbers are as well? :)

I've got to say, I know a lot of people are convinced Thor and Cap will have upgraded/new costumes for Avengers... I'm not convinced yet. To me it'd be smarter to save the money on the costume design and construction on all the other new stuff they'll need for the Avengers. That's not to say they won't do it, I just think the case for it is weaker then some people think. I know the IM suits have changed, but that's also somewhat intrinsic in the character.

Captain America will be getting an upgrade, Chris Evans has already stated this.

I believe in June we could be getting some photos from The Avengers so hopefully then we will have an idea of what costumes to expect.

Personally i'm going to get this Thor, purely because I think Hot Toys may focus on the other Avengers first, such as Hawkeye rather than Thor.

Saw the movie again on Friday night....been reading and looking at the "Art of..." book (really nice volume here) and staring again at these pictures...

179346_491416852343_58690437343_6446276_5259264_n.jpg

...and finally pulled the hammer on this one. Really like this flick and Hot Toys does pull off some fine figures so...here goes.

And while folks are making wishes for more "Thor" figures....I'm surprised no one's mentioned these guys...

FROST-GIANT-01.jpg

Hey...for a little four inch figure...this ain't bad...

Hey, a long shot to be sure...but I really like their design and look a lot...

In the meantime....looking forward to "Thor"...

i know it wont happen but you never know i want them to do a destroyer figure or maybe a sif

Captain America will be getting an upgrade, Chris Evans has already stated this.

I believe in June we could be getting some photos from The Avengers so hopefully then we will have an idea of what costumes to expect.

Personally i'm going to get this Thor, purely because I think Hot Toys may focus on the other Avengers first, such as Hawkeye rather than Thor.

Ah, that's interesting. Well, it does seem Iron Man would probably have a new suit. So who knows, maybe Thor will too although I suppose he'd probably have less of a reason than the others to change his wardrobe.

I do wonder if HT might focus on some of the characters who haven't had a figure first, but if IM does have a new costume you know they'll be all over that.

Guess we'll see soon enough!

I personally think that Thor's costume will remain the same. It makes sense for Iron Man and Cap to upgrade theirs as they involve tech, but there is no "tech" to upgrade on Thor. It's an ancient armor from which Thor derives very little of his ability anyhow. My two cents.

I personally think that Thor's costume will remain the same. It makes sense for Iron Man and Cap to upgrade theirs as they involve tech, but there is no "tech" to upgrade on Thor. It's an ancient armor from which Thor derives very little of his ability anyhow. My two cents.

I agree. I mean, he's worn the costume he's had for ages, why change now? I think it's better they just keep it simple and leave him as-is and just make subtle changes ala Spider-Man if they really have to.

Back