Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's this kind of crap that these companies pull that just irks me. Oh well, I'm only in to Hot Toys for 4 Avengers then I'm out. Talk about milking a franchise, holy hell!!

Wow, didn't see this coming. It's a great looking figure with the battle damage look.

But, what I REALLY like about it is that it that we will know the number of these that are produced. Something I wish hot toys did with all their figures. I bet they will make a minimum of 3000 of these figs and no more than 5,000.

I will probably get one...hopefully no more than $209.99. The mark vi promo edition was about $190, if I remember correctly.

I doubt HT limits figures like this to less than 5000 :lol

I'm gonna say $209

Sounds about right.

Crap I kinda want this depending on the price. I'd like at least one Iron Man figure for my collection and love the battle damaged look.

I'm waiting on the price too before I fully decide. :D

The 1/6th scale Battle Damaged Mark VII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Movie Promo Edition) specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark VII in the movie with battle damaged features
- Head sculpt with helmet with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Mark VII in the movie
- Alternate helmeted head
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Special features on armor:
- LED-lighted eyes and circle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) removable battle damaged mask
- One (1) pair of damaged shoulder armor
- One (1) removable damaged chest armor
- One (1) pair of detachable forearm rockets
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of forceful fists
- One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- Improved articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
- Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps
- Articulated flaps at the back of armor on left and right legs
- Metallic battle damaged red and gold-colored painting on armor

Accessories:
- One (1) battle damaged alien weapon
- One (1) diorama base featuring the Alien’s corpse

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required

Release date: Early Q3, 2013

Thanks! :hi5: Added to specs.

i think i atually prefer this over the clean version

it's just that he'd look out of place with all the other clean avengers

If there was a choice between clean or 'battle damaged' figures, i think i'd go battle damaged

tempting...

Yeah, I'm liking the paint on this better. I want to see in hand photos though.

A booger this doesn't come with shoulder / thigh rockets....

That's HT's way of saying, "get both versions!" :lol

Am I the only one that wishes they gave ALL the mark suits this "matte" like paintjob? It looks more movie realistic instead of your typical glossy overdose they give the suits.

Also, it looks like the undies are indeed plastic like the Mark V. Glad to see they didn't go back to the rubber undies.

We're just getting tired of the glossy IM. Diminishing returns. :D

It seems like the photos were heavily shopped almost to a point where they look like the movie CG version.

That's what I thought too.

"For overseas Fans, this Collectible Figurine will be available for special promotions in specific markets as limited edition items during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period. Please stay tuned with us for "

That's the part that confuses me then. It says it'll be out for the movie launch, which is May 2 so it can't be that far.

In the mean time, I have contacted LCS owners about the figure. They
don't know if they'll get stocks yet but at least they'll get their asses to
work to get some stocks... :lol

I might pick this up if the price is not to insane. I like my mark VI better than my regular mark VI. It would be cool if they did it like the 1st promo and shipped it the same day it went up for PO.

I don't think this as limited as the Mark VI promo edition. They actually said that one was limited to 3000 worldwide. They are probably making as many of these as they can sell.

Are you aware the Mark VI promo edition was limited to 3000 pieces?

Also, the first 800 pieces will be available for pre-order in Hong Kong, as stated by Hot Toys.

So yeah, I highly doubt they will make more than 5000.....:pfft:

Milking it.
It's a Hot Toys tradition.

healthy-milk.jpg

That pic is making me thirsty! :lol

Truly a remarkable looking figure! It will be a must buy along with all of the other Avengers team mates. I just hope I see the preorder in time to ensure I get one!

The base and new hands were indeed selling points for me! Awl, who am I kidding? Avengers assemble!!! :yess:

Are you aware the Mark VI promo edition was limited to 3000 pieces?

Also, the first 800 pieces will be available for pre-order in Hong Kong, as stated by Hot Toys.

So yeah, I highly doubt they will make more than 5000.....:pfft:

If this was really a limited release like the last promo edition they would have given the number that they were going to make.

The Mark VI promo said 3000 worldwide and that's it. This says the 1st 800 of a limited edition. All of HT figures are limited editions.

I don't care if they make 30,000 I'll still think about getting it. I just think we shouldn't think this is going to a super rare collectable until they give us a real number that is being produced.

If this was really a limited release like the last promo edition they would have given the number that they were going to make.

The Mark VI promo said 3000 worldwide and that's it. This says the 1st 800 of a limited edition. All of HT figures are limited editions.

I don't care if they make 30,000 I'll still think about getting it. I just think we shouldn't think this is going to a super rare collectable until they give us a real number that is being produced.

If it goes up for PO on SSC, wouldn't they give a number in that red text like they do with all LE pieces, though? So maybe it's just a matter of waiting to PO it, then we'll know if it's truly LE the moment it shows up? :dunno

Back