Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this is a little cheaper just like the promo version for the Avengers was cheaper. I much prefer this one over the regular version.

You know it's a bad thing when half of your mind is telling you to not buy it but the other half is telling you too.

Why does this have to look so awesome? :gah:

Why couldn't it look like crap?! :lol:monkey2

when i first posted in this thread.. i thought

don't need it.

not even a day later i'm changing.
one for the iron man collection, one for the avengers collection :p

You know it's a bad thing when half of your mind is telling you to not buy it but the other half is telling you too.

Agreed - but also throw in the fact that it has such a low production run, meaning you know you can't waste too much time thinking about buying it. If you avoid it now and change your mind later, you'll be paying +100% on eBay, potentially just weeks after it ships.

Agreed - but also throw in the fact that it has such a low production run, meaning you know you can't waste too much time thinking about buying it. If you avoid it now and change your mind later, you'll be paying +100% on eBay, potentially just weeks after it ships.
Yup, that's why it's pushing me towards buying it. Much like the Mark VI Promo, once this sells out, it'll be selling for $600+ on the market later.

I rather just buy it now and sell it off in the future if I really feel like I don't want it.

They did an amazing job on this figure though. Looks amazing as a BD figure.

when i first posted in this thread.. i thought

don't need it.

not even a day later i'm changing.
one for the iron man collection, one for the avengers collection :p

YES! Knowing that a new Mark III is in the works, this makes me also start thinking about the hall of armor set for exactly that set-up...

:lol this is where I'm at. I've yet to own an Iron Man (I don't count the fudged up one I was scammed with). I keep telling myself to wait for the die cast MK3 but idk. It's hard to choose your first Iron Man.

Yup, that's why it's pushing me towards buying it. Much like the Mark VI Promo, once this sells out, it'll be selling for $600+ on the market later.

I rather just buy it now and sell it off in the future if I really feel like I don't want it.

They did an amazing job on this figure though. Looks amazing as a BD figure.

I'm 100% convinced that I'll try to preorder it, however it all depends on who has it available and when.

I'm 100% convinced that I'll try to preorder it, however it all depends on who has it available and when.

Pretty positive they'll give this to SSC seeing as it's their #1 distributor.

Just need to act quick once it's up seeing as it'll sell out after the first day it's up.

Pretty positive they'll give this to SSC seeing as it's their #1 distributor.

Just need to act quick once it's up seeing as it'll sell out after the first day it's up.

Exactly, maybe even within hours. I was lucky enough to grab the Avengers Mark VI thanks to the email. I'll be watching pretty closely for the next few days, just like everyone else.

Exactly, maybe even within hours. I was lucky enough to grab the Avengers Mark VI thanks to the email. I'll be watching pretty closely for the next few days, just like everyone else.
Which email are you signed up too? Not sure which one I have to be signed up too so that I'm positive I'll get the email for it. :dunno
I'm signed up to their email newsletter but they have like 20 options.

I don't collect all the armors and was only planning on the original Mark VII as my Iron Man armor, but maaaan does this look sweet. If Sideshow gets this I'll have to pick one up if I can. I asked SS earlier today if they planned on getting it but they said they have nothing to indicate that yet.

Which email are you signed up too? Not sure which one I have to be signed up too so that I'm positive I'll get the email for it. :dunno
I'm signed up to their email newsletter but they have like 20 options.

I think you should probably sign up for all the newsletter extras and maybe be qualified for priority preorder? Man, I just found my email notification for the Avengers Mark VI archived in my gmail :lol

Where does it say that?

Where indeed? I don't see it on the FB page.

In the meantime, HI-RES! This figure looks soooo awesome.

PD13649863502Uh.jpg

PD13649863560K1.jpg

PD1364986362Ab9.jpg

PD1364986360Q6W.jpg

PD1364986354nUQ.jpg

PD13649863585xM.jpg

PD1364986352MMK.jpg

PD1364986365Yt0.jpg

PD1364986348p4M.jpg

PD1364986345OYt.jpg

Am I the only one that wishes they gave ALL the mark suits this "matte" like paintjob? It looks more movie realistic instead of your typical glossy overdose they give the suits.

Also, it looks like the undies are indeed plastic like the Mark V. Glad to see they didn't go back to the rubber undies.

Am I the only one that wishes they gave ALL the mark suits this "matte" like paintjob? It looks more movie realistic instead of your typical glossy overdose they give the suits.

Like coated in treacle? I prefer the slight matte soft sheen.

image_medium.jpg

Back