Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like coated in treacle? I prefer the slight matte soft sheen.

image_medium.jpg

Yup, coated in treacle. The suits have NEVER been drenched in gloss paint. They always had a nice look as if he smeared dust and dirt over it before wearing it.

And it shows that it looks amazing as a figure as shown by this figure.

Wish they did this paintjob for future suits!

Am I the only one that wishes they gave ALL the mark suits this "matte" like paintjob? It looks more movie realistic instead of your typical glossy overdose they give the suits.

Also, it looks like the undies are indeed plastic like the Mark V. Glad to see they didn't go back to the rubber undies.

The final production might not look like that.

It seems like the photos were heavily shopped almost to a point where they look like the movie CG version.

Do you guys think they will?????
Number 1 distributor for Hot Toys + Limited Edition Movie Promo Run = 100% Yes. The Mark VI Promo sold out in a good 12 hours. No way will they give this exclusive to another smaller distributor.

So it will be available on May?
They said it'll be out in May for the launch of Iron Man 3. I get people saying they will delay it but that will only happen if they delay the original Mark VII.

This has probably been in production the same time as the original Mark VII so it'll release along with it.

Oh come on!
Talk about milking. Still looks cool and the base is fantastic. But really how many blinkin' IM can HT make? I will get it if the opportunity presents itself but will not be chasing it down and paying a hefty premium. I can easily live without.

If they had released then when the first came out I'd have gotten it but I am going to pass.

Anyone else interested in seeing his back? I'm interested in how it's changed from the regular version, considering this one doesn't appear to have the thruster pack or shoulder missiles.

Anyone else interested in seeing his back? I'm interested in how it's changed from the regular version, considering this one doesn't appear to have the thruster pack or shoulder missiles.
Just imagine your typical Hot Toys Iron Man figure without the flaps put into it. This one has the jetback and shoulder armor off so I'm assuming the back is just flat without any movable features.

Anyone know when this will be up for pre-order on sideshow? As I recall, the Mark VI Promo didn't go up for pre-order until a month or so later.

Anyone know when this will be up for pre-order on sideshow? As I recall, the Mark VI Promo didn't go up for pre-order until a month or so later.

They said this will be out in May so I can't see them delaying the PO for long. I give it a week before it's up.

They said this will be out in May so I can't see them delaying the PO for long. I give it a week before it's up.

This say early Q3 release.

https://onesixthrepublic.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-avengers-battle-damaged-mark-vii.html

The Avengers
Battle Damaged Mark VII
(Movie Promo Edition)
1/6th scale Limited Edition Collectible Figurine
In view of the great response of the Mark VII Collectible Figurine launched earlier, Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Mark VII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine in battle damaged version from the smash hit The Avengers movie. It is a movie promo edition which will be exclusively limited to WORLDWIDE only to celebrate the Iron Man 3 movie launch.

The movie-accurate Battle Damaged Mark VII Collectible Figurine is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as the iconic character Mark VII in the movie.

The first 800 pieces will be firstly available for pre-order in Hong Kong. For overseas Fans, this Collectible Figurine will be available for special promotions in specific markets as limited edition items during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period. Please stay tuned with us for updates!
Specifications
Product CodeMMS196
Product NameBattle Damaged Mark VII
HeightApproximately 30 cm tall
Points of Articulations36
Special FeaturesThe newly developed head sculpt, light-up functions, well equipped armor, and battle damaged features
ArtistsHead Sculpted by Kojun
Head Painted by JC. Hong
Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
The 1/6th scale Battle Damaged Mark VII Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Movie Promo Edition) specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark VII in the movie with battle damaged features
- Head sculpt with helmet with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Mark VII in the movie
- Alternate helmeted head
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Special features on armor:
- LED-lighted eyes and circle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) removable battle damaged mask
- One (1) pair of damaged shoulder armor
- One (1) removable damaged chest armor
- One (1) pair of detachable forearm rockets
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of forceful fists
- One (1) pair of battle palms with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- Improved articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
- Fully deployed air flaps at back of the armor with built-in metal flaps
- Articulated flaps at the back of armor on left and right legs
- Metallic battle damaged red and gold-colored painting on armor

Accessories:
- One (1) battle damaged alien weapon
- One (1) diorama base featuring the Alien’s corpse

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells are required

Release date: Early Q3, 2013

It also says it will go up for preorder around the Iron Man 3 launch time, so that almost answers the when

This say early Q3 release.

[/B]
"For overseas Fans, this Collectible Figurine will be available for special promotions in specific markets as limited edition items during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period. Please stay tuned with us for "

That's the part that confuses me then. It says it'll be out for the movie launch, which is May 2 so it can't be that far.

I hope it doesn't go up for pre-order tomorrow : / Having LASIK eye surgery tomorrow, so I won't be able to order if he does. If it does-Someone PLEASE order one for me!!

"For overseas Fans, this Collectible Figurine will be available for special promotions in specific markets as limited edition items during the Iron Man 3 movie launch period. Please stay tuned with us for "

That's the part that confuses me then. It says it'll be out for the movie launch, which is May 2 so it can't be that far.

I guess they are referring to the PO, not the release of the actual figure.

Back