Hot Toys - MMS215 - Iron Man 3 - IGOR (MARK XXXVIII) - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So true. I think my plan is to wait on him. I hope he doesn't sell out, they are stuck with extra product and I can grab him when they run a good sale. But yeah, he's gonna end up being in my collection.

When it comes to most impressive Hot Toys Iron Man figure, Monger's always been at, or near, the top of the list. He may have to make room for this big feller. :lol
Never! :lol

Igor's got some presence and beautiful weathering, no doubt, but he doesn't have any of Monger's villainous charisma. Cool as Igor is, it's just a really tangential armour with no significance in Iron Man lore.

When I see these pic I so want this figure. I keep having to remind myself I'm not a huge Iron Man fan, this guy had barely any screen time and I don't think he was ever in the comics. But then again I pre-ordered Whiplash ver. 2 just because it looks like an awesome toy. But, if this was die-cast I would have bought him. The battle in my head keeps going and going......sigh.
Same thing here. Whiplash MK II is just an incredibly cool design, IMO, and very reminiscent of the comics (even if not an exact match). There's so many Iron Man Marks but very few villains, so that's what makes both Monger and Whiplash MK II special to me.

Agreed w/Yankees on the diecast. It wouldn't have added anything but weight and price. The way HT utilizes it, you cannot tell by looking which have diecast and which not, anyway. If it's that feeling of heft you're after, Igor will have it in spades. Having Iron Monger, as an example, no way would I want it to be even heavier. I'd really worry about the weight of diecast breaking down the joints over time, to be honest.

That said, while Igor isn't tempting to me at all, it would be neat to see all of these large armours in one collection. Monger, Whiplash MK II, Igor and Hulkbuster all on display together would be pretty impressive.

If he doesn't sell all that well, maybe by next year's spooktacular there will be a decent deal on him, then I'd be tempted. He does look like a badass in YankeesFanBoy's first pic though, very nice!

Never! :lol

Igor's got some presence and beautiful weathering, no doubt, but he doesn't have any of Monger's villainous charisma. Cool as Igor is, it's just a really tangential armour with no significance in Iron Man lore.

Same thing here. Whiplash MK II is just an incredibly cool design, IMO, and very reminiscent of the comics (even if not an exact match). There's so many Iron Man Marks but very few villains, so that's what makes both Monger and Whiplash MK II special to me.

Agreed w/Yankees on the diecast. It wouldn't have added anything but weight and price. The way HT utilizes it, you cannot tell by looking which have diecast and which not, anyway. If it's that feeling of heft you're after, Igor will have it in spades. Having Iron Monger, as an example, no way would I want it to be even heavier. I'd really worry about the weight of diecast breaking down the joints over time, to be honest.

That said, while Igor isn't tempting to me at all, it would be neat to see all of these large armours in one collection. Monger, Whiplash MK II, Igor and Hulkbuster all on display together would be pretty impressive.

True, Igor is nowhere near as important as Monger. But I find Igor to be just as impressive from a size perspective. And all of that weathering and all of those warning labels - which are sure to be decals, unfortunately - are just so eye-catching.

If he doesn't sell all that well, maybe by next year's spooktacular there will be a decent deal on him, then I'd be tempted. He does look like a badass in YankeesFanBoy's first pic though, very nice!

I know for sure I'm picking him up at next years spook at the latest :lol

Yeah, just imagine if this were ever to drop to $475 or $450 with extra RPs. :lol

I've never been a big advocate of the slight weathering HT likes to do on all the IM armors, but the weathering on Igor looks freakin' great.

I think they do a good job with it, never going overboard or into ugly levels of weathering. Plus all suits have this in the films as well, not to the same exact levels, but its not like they are doing it just for the hell of it.

I'm just waiting for the in-hand pics and videos of this guy to surface.

Yeah, I usually do that now if there is a figure that I'm 50/50. If I like from what I see from the videos and reviews than I'll get it. But, this figure is pretty damn impressive.

Yeah, I usually do that now if there is a figure that I'm 50/50. If I like from what I see from the videos and reviews than I'll get it. But, this figure is pretty damn impressive.

Silent dude (kidultshop) on youtube stopped posting his unboxing vids for a while, but looks like he's back again. Once I see him post a figure, it means SSC gets their stock in 2-3 weeks and then another 2-3 weeks thereafter for BBTS, AlterEgo, and others to get theirs. 5 months later for *****ng CornerStoreComics.

True, Igor is nowhere near as important as Monger. But I find Igor to be just as impressive from a size perspective. And all of that weathering and all of those warning labels - which are sure to be decals, unfortunately - are just so eye-catching.
No argument in regards to size. Igor is impressive, stature wise. I also love the decals, colours (blue/white is definitely different for Iron Man) and weathering. I think one needs quite a few IM armours to justify throwing this one into the mix, though. Other thing is, there is just so much competition for that $500.00. Only way I could justify this purchase is if IM was a major focus. Gotta save that cash and space for Star Wars, RoboCop and some other Marvel stuff, sadly!

I've never been a big advocate of the slight weathering HT likes to do on all the IM armors, but the weathering on Igor looks freakin' great.
Agreed. I'd say it's the nicest weathering I've seen on a 1:6 figure. It's really, really well done. Hope they capture 90% of that when it comes to production (I'm assuming it's impossible to go 1:1 from proto to production).

I still prefer it to Hulk Buster... I like the blue color and it just looks more original. Hulk Buster just doesn't do it for me like Igor, even though I admit the suit within a suit is a cool concept with Hulk Buster. Besides, if they do come out with him (and I expect they will) you probably won't be seeing him before Avengers 3 comes out.

I'm expecting to see a contradicting post to this from you once the Hulk Buster figure official pics are released. :wink1:

Either this or Cap two-pack, tonight. Make it happen, Hot Toys! ;)

27xmlxc.jpg

:exactly::goodpost:

I will be getting both this..and Hulkbuster!
As others have pointed out, it is likely to be several years before Hulkbuster is actually shipping to customers.. so if you like Igor, your wallet does not have to make a choice between the two figures, in January.. display space is another matter, which is why I rotate my collection.

Back