Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats dude!, but god damn i hate seeing those leg flaps opened up, it makes the figure look terrible imo.

I'm a little late to the party but just got my Mark III BD this weekend :D

Absolutely love this figure! :yess:

I tried to get him into a flight pose but the stand doesn't want to cooperate at this time so I had to settle with something else. :thud:

022-2.jpg
Better late than never. :D
Congrats buddy.
Your collection is growing quickly. :hi5:

Nice pic- he looks great! Again, more love needed for this figure despite shortcomings...

Nice pic- he looks great! Again, more love needed for this figure despite shortcomings...

Thank you, I did repose him but I have to wait until evening to even get a decent photo with my current camera :lol

I've read a lot of knocks on this figure but I love it regardless.

Hey guys, I noticed my BD Mark III had the beginnings of the discolored abs around February. It was slight but barely noticeable.

Last night, I took my BD Mark III out of storage (it has been kept in my bedroom closet), and the abs are definitely a light pink. It is literally night and day now with the discoloration. And I'm talking PINK like a 1970's Mattel Barbie Corvette. :slap

I notice that directly behind the figure is an indentation of plastic where the Hot Toys "Candy Pack" is placed (the anti-moisture DO NOT EAT thing). Who knows if I'm on to anything but could the little moisture pack be a catalyst in the discoloration on soft parts? I noticed that many of you who have displayed your Mark III's in Detolf cases etc do not have the discolored abs (or its not as bad). So I'm wondering if long term storage with the little moisture pack since it is practically touching the figure from the back could be the reason why we our figures are getting pink abs.

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

Thank you :)

Yes I have went of the deep end the last 30 days so I had to pull the emergency brake today :lol

Look at you go, Y4NK33. You're getting stuff left and right. Didn't you just start collecting recently? Love the addiction yet? Where's your "show your shelves" thread? Have I asked enough questions? One more?
... nah.

Hey guys, so i need your opinion on something. I was thinking of selling my iron man battledamged mark 3, because to be honest, i think the overall design of the newer ironman's are better, and their overall quality is too, and they solved the ab fading problem. Do you guys think it would be a fair to trade a bd mark 3 for a mark 4 or 6? and if i end up selling my bd mark 3 how much would be a good price?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, so i need your opinion on something. I was thinking of selling my iron man battledamged mark 3, because to be honest, i think the overall design of the newer ironman's are better, and their overall quality is too, and they solved the ab fading problem. Do you guys think it would be a fair to trade a bd mark 3 for a mark 4 or 6? and if i end up selling my bd mark 3 how much would be a good price?

Thanks in advance

I doubt anyone would trade a Mk IV or VI for it- the new ones are much in demand and alot of guys are getting rid of their BD now because of them. Who knows? Maybe someone will. Depending on condition, opened ones on Ebay getting around $200 or so, some higher. Offer it for sale here and it will get some more cash for you perhaps, without Ebay fees.
I still say he is a GREAT figure and love him just as much as the new IV. Best of luck!:wink1:

I doubt anyone would trade a Mk IV or VI for it- the new ones are much in demand and alot of guys are getting rid of their BD now because of them. Who knows? Maybe someone will. Depending on condition, opened ones on Ebay getting around $200 or so, some higher. Offer it for sale here and it will get some more cash for you perhaps, without Ebay fees.
I still say he is a GREAT figure and love him just as much as the new IV. Best of luck!:wink1:

Thanks of the help man!:wave

I'll be hanging on to mine in hopes of the possibility of an Iron Monger.
If not, it's nice to have the option to display a Hall of Armors Mk.I through Mk.VI.

If not, it's nice to have the option to display a Hall of Armors Mk.I through Mk.VI.

I'd be so happy if HT do make us an Iron Monger, that Proto looked awesome at the HT exibition. HT clearly love making Iron Man figures so fingers crossed we do :pray:

I just bought one for the same reason. Iron Monger needs BD IM. Also, I just bought a real Mark II (not the IM2 one). It actually completed my Iron Man 1 collection. I have no interest in part 2 figs because the movie was so bad.

The only fig I don't have from 1 is the gunmetal gray. But, since it was not in the film it does not need to be in my collection.

I just bought one for the same reason. Iron Monger needs BD IM. Also, I just bought a real Mark II (not the IM2 one). It actually completed my Iron Man 1 collection. I have no interest in part 2 figs because the movie was so bad.

The only fig I don't have from 1 is the gunmetal gray. But, since it was not in the film it does not need to be in my collection.
I hear ya.
It's nice to have it from a completist's point of view.
But it is one of the IM figures I don't feel I need to have.

i had this on order and canceled it in favor of the Mark IV, never regretted it, i would like both but to choose only one would be the Mark IV

Hey, I was also thinking of doing some selling and was wondering what you guys thought.
I notice on eBay that a lot of individual Hot Toys parts go for a lot, even just empty boxes! I was thinking about getting rid of my accessories to raise money for a T2 Arnold.

If I were to sell the following, what do you think I could get for it?
-Original box with sleeve and instructions
-Battle damaged head with removable faceplate (one of the little metal tabs on the inside of the faceplate is missing, it came this way)
-Battle damaged chest
-Both fists
-Exposed hand
-Right relaxed hand
-Left open hand

Possibly the whole stand as well if that will significantly affect the price.
What do you think? Worth anything or is it even worth the trouble?

Hey, I was also thinking of doing some selling and was wondering what you guys thought.
I notice on eBay that a lot of individual Hot Toys parts go for a lot, even just empty boxes! I was thinking about getting rid of my accessories to raise money for a T2 Arnold.

If I were to sell the following, what do you think I could get for it?
-Original box with sleeve and instructions
-Battle damaged head with removable faceplate (one of the little metal tabs on the inside of the faceplate is missing, it came this way)
-Battle damaged chest
-Both fists
-Exposed hand
-Right relaxed hand
-Left open hand

Possibly the whole stand as well if that will significantly affect the price.
What do you think? Worth anything or is it even worth the trouble?

It IS worth the trouble- especially the head with faceplate and the stand. You might get close to $75 -100 for both. The hands and chest, not so much. Maybe $20? But it is CASH towards your T2 and you still have the figure!

Just thought i would share with you my BDM3 ..i shortened the neck and weathered him with tamiya powder, i'm still iffy about doing the waist mod as i "might" be selling this guy.

x010.jpg

x009.jpg

x007.jpg

x005.jpg

x004.jpg

x003.jpg

x001.jpg

x000.jpg

..his eyes stopped working, would that be the batteries? ..i got a spare iv that i can take batteries from,they use the same batteries right?

Back