Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3750005170_4741558fc6_b.jpg

This is how should the HT Mark III BD looks like! :lecture

Iron Man Mark III Battle Damaged Armor Unleashed not out of the realm of possibilities. Despite people who will stream in here and say "it'll never happen" they've been including the Hall of Armors stand with a few of these releases I can totally see them retooling the Mark II Armor Unleashed into a proper BD as we saw in IM2 with interchangable plates to make a standard Mark III. It would be an easy way to do the armor over without outright doing the figure over and they did say that they want to go back and do older releases better with the newer tech they have.

It may be a longshot but there is still a shot....

Just did a review for my blog. Check it out!

Here is a sneak peak!
Hot+Toys+Iron+Man+Mark+III+Battle+Damaged+036.JPG

Hot+Toys+Iron+Man+Mark+III+Battle+Damaged+058.JPG

Despite it's shortcomings- this figure gets little respect nowadays. I love it for the cool operating features plus the details that are not included with the Mk IV and VI. The chest area is far more detailed and I love the back/leg flap details.
The torso does not bother me that much...overall a top figure still!:clap

Despite it's shortcomings- this figure gets little respect nowadays. I love it for the cool operating features plus the details that are not included with the Mk IV and VI. The chest area is far more detailed and I love the back/leg flap details.
The torso does not bother me that much...overall a top figure still!:clap
I still like my Mk.III BD.
It ain't going anywhere soon.

Iron Man Mark III Battle Damaged Armor Unleashed not out of the realm of possibilities. Despite people who will stream in here and say "it'll never happen" they've been including the Hall of Armors stand with a few of these releases I can totally see them retooling the Mark II Armor Unleashed into a proper BD as we saw in IM2 with interchangable plates to make a standard Mark III. It would be an easy way to do the armor over without outright doing the figure over and they did say that they want to go back and do older releases better with the newer tech they have.

It may be a longshot but there is still a shot....

Why bother with the switch out plates, though? They seem to be doing just what is actually shown in IM 2 so I agree that they could do a new BD Mk III. However, it might be better if they just went all out and focused on just doing the battle damage effects without having to make it work as a clean version as well. That, I could see them doing.

It's the same with a potential BD War Machine. They already made a clean version for that one so why bother with switch out pieces?

You know, one thing about the Mark III in IM2 that seemed odd to me was that it's listed as "battle damaged" but Tony still took the effort to manufacture a clean head for it. I wish he could have just remade the whole thing, I'd like to believe the Mark III saw more action than the fight with Iron Monger but it seems like Tony went straight to work on the Mark IV.

Anyway, if Hot Toys did make a Iron Man Mark III Battle Damaged Armor Unleashed, I'd like the battle damaged parts to be interchangeable. I like having the option to display it as either :x

Anyway, if Hot Toys did make a Iron Man Mark III Battle Damaged Armor Unleashed, I'd like the battle damaged parts to be interchangeable. I like having the option to display it as either :x
I'm the same way. I'd like displaying options. The more the better.

I didn't. That was all down to the uplighting and the camera settings, not the colour settings within the camera. The paint scheme is metallic so it's changing in the lighting conditions. The darker the lighting the darker the red becomes.

5717740962_3716aab9d7_b.jpg

5717740970_bed859197b_z.jpg

5717740966_25bc792bf8_b.jpg

:thud:
I am in awe everytime I see your pictures vodoun. It doesn't matter what figure, they are always so clean and nicely lit. You are one of the best photographers on here. Do you have a site with a gallery? Maybe a flickr account? I always just happen upon the pictures in certain threads. Love the BD ones you posted the other day. :clap And the Mark VI with War Machine was a particularly nice set as well. Did you use tamiya weathering on BD Mk III?

Vodoun is doing major work on this thread :rock

Having this figure I gotta say that he's making it look better in his pics than it does in hand, and that isn't easy to do :D

I didn't. That was all down to the uplighting and the camera settings, not the colour settings within the camera. The paint scheme is metallic so it's changing in the lighting conditions. The darker the lighting the darker the red becomes.

Oh I see, great lighting then! :clap You hit the right spot! :wink1:

I had two hours of free time last night, so instead of doing the 54 items on my to-do list (booooring ;) ), I decided to start working on my custom Final Battle Iron Man Mark III that I have been planning ever since I got the Mark IV. I am waiting for a few parts to arrive from ebay, but here is a sneak preview:

5bd1f25d.png

Back