Hot Toys Terminator 2: BD T-800 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... this doesn't look up to HT current quality. But also I don't care for having a battle damaged version, so it saves me money either way.

It was thrown together because Howard got wind of InArt's Terminator acquisition.
Yup. 0% chance hot toys would have done this otherwise.
I know the main focus is the sculpts, but I think it's cool that they're including a whole silicone arm instead of just the half arm to swap. I was a PITA to swap from the elbow joints on the original DX13. The ball joint at the shoulder will make this much easier to make the swap.

View attachment 715563

All that said, not sure how interested I am in this given that I'm getting the Prime1 statue 🤔
I broke the elbow joint a few months after getting mine back in 2016. The friction on the jacket keeps it in place lol. And yeah, the prime one statue looks amazing and I think hot toys is clearly trying to copy it since there hype on that one as well. I wish I had room for the prime one version.

I really hope the head is improved and this is a place holder. DX 13 version is my favorite figure of all time and even if this is a straight up issue I still might get it just so I can have a fresh one with fresh clothes and display both looks at the same time. I thought about getting the present toys version but I was too lazy and never pulled the trigger on it now I’m glad I did not.

It was thrown together because Howard got wind of InArt's Terminator acquisition.
Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

I wouldn't think too hard about the look of this piece. When the new '89 Batman was announced, it was clearly just a DX09 that had been pulled out of the mothballs and put on display. By the time it went up for preorder a year later, it had been significantly revised.

Of course, you never know with HT (see Batman Begins), but I suspect this will be revised if it ever actually goes up for pre-order.

I'm pretty happy about this. I had to sell my DX13 about 6 years ago so I can make a car payment. Long story short I ended up having to sell my car before paying it off 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis definitely ruined my life in so many ways. I couldn't work anymore, so I had to make money the only way I could which was by selling most of my collection. I was thinking about the present toys third party t-800. But this is going to be great either way to get this guy back in the collection.

Good point. I still think this is a preemptive move against InArt.
I don't think this has anything to do with InArt. Considering the timing that we get both this and the Predator, seems more like license retainers.

Makes no sense for them to "react" to IA, when they are still in active negotiations for the license and it's not even a done deal yet.

Honestly, I’m not too fussed about this. As of right now, it’s a DX13 reissue and it’s not even my favorite look for Terminator, which is the T1 ‘Police Shootout’ look, and if INART actually does it, I’d rather just wait for that. For T2 representation, I’d rather have Uncle Bob with the Harley bike – that’s the definitive T2 version for me. Or his look with the minigun when they blow up Cyberdyne Systems. Or even the Future War T-800 Endoskeleton with the dual plasma rifles.

Super unpopular opinion but this DX13 just doesn’t do it for me and I guess I’m disappointed Hot Toys is going the lazy route (like always). I’d probably be more excited if it was a proper remake by Hot Toys or if we saw something all-new by INART.

This will be an easy pass unless a couple things change:

Headsculpts need to be updated absolutely.

And it wouldnt be a bad thing to add diecast to the metal parts. I mean, if Inart is going to be offering a Diecast Endo from T1 it almost seems logical that HT will counter with "look we have diecast T2 battle Damaged T-800 Nowah"

Also echo the USB powered LED eye. At this point, that should be the standard.

This and P1 87 Jungle Hunter are on my radar even though I don't need either and honestly quite content with the current ones I own, there's always room for improving but if HT doesn't want to go the distance and give us their all on this I'm fine with waiting for InArt to get the T2 license and give me what will surely be the definitive version of Uncle Bob.

I love my DX13... but tiny Predator needs an update.

Not sure what HT could do to this that would get me to order. No matter what, I'd be waiting to see if InArt gets the license first.

I broke the elbow joint a few months after getting mine back in 2016. The friction on the jacket keeps it in place lol. And yeah, the prime one statue looks amazing and I think hot toys is clearly trying to copy it since there hype on that one as well. I wish I had room for the prime one version.

I really hope the head is improved and this is a place holder. DX 13 version is my favorite figure of all time and even if this is a straight up issue I still might get it just so I can have a fresh one with fresh clothes and display both looks at the same time. I thought about getting the present toys version but I was too lazy and never pulled the trigger on it now I’m glad I did not.
Thankfully I didn't break the elbow joint, but I did crack the neck adapter insider the rubber neck from regular swapping of the headsculpt.

It is sort of curious that all these collectibles companies are starting to make Terminator stuff lately. Queen Studios, Prime1, InArt and now HT 🤔

And I agree about the clothing. Regardless if you have the first one and it's still in "good" condition, I think it would behoove most collectors who plan on keeping their 1.0 to get the clothing at the very least for longevity sake.

Regarding Present Toys - I sort of wonder, given that they are in the same industry, if they knew about the official offerings getting released by InArt/HT; therefore, decided to go hard on getting their versions out as soon as possible.

I’m so stoked on this. The figure they’re displaying is for sure the DX13 but they’re just showing what they got coming. Once the legit promo pics release from HT, I’m sure we’ll see a more updated version compared to this one. Hopefully it gets announced soon!

IMG_5443.jpeg

Back