Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Begins looks a lot better imo.

I agree. Except for the neck, there is something about the Begins that is a little more pleasant on the eyes. Something about TDK is bugging me. I think the face is a little too long. IDK. Can't quite place it. Maybe it's the proportions. I must say, when I look at both the Medi and HT side by side, I'm partial to the Medi. However, the underscale problem that is a Medi trademark makes me shy away.

New pics. One from a different angle. Gotta agree with a lot of you...the Medicom one looks better.

2698821676_508f94b18a.jpg

2698002333_e61c086a51.jpg

I think Medicom looks closer to the movie, but I think HT's got the nicer looking figure.

thanks for the pics...i can't wait for these guys to start shipping out. medicom, hot toys---they all look great to me and i am soooo looking forward to see everyone with in-hand pictures.

I'm principally getting the hot toys one so he can straddle the batpod. Think i'll get a medicom to display with Joker and my Takara Bats standing next to the Tumbler...

If Medi TDK Bats turns out like the promos, (which likely won't), then I will get one along with HT, but HT for sure at this point. Now the cowl has been fixed.

They should widen the neck a tad though.

New pics. One from a different angle. Gotta agree with a lot of you...the Medicom one looks better.

2698821676_508f94b18a.jpg

2698002333_e61c086a51.jpg

I must say, I am not convinced, the medicom one looks just like the Bale in the movie. and it looked really good, this one doesn't...

i like the ht one better, the medicom one is very good aswell........just that the ht one looks cooler!
but thats just me.

It looks good to me, people are crazy...

I don't think people are crazy, it's all a matter for preference in your figures.

Some folks want the most movie accurrate figure of this suit they can get, and the HT figure is not going to deliver that, the poroportions really don't match Bale.

Some folks just want a figure that takes the design of the TDK suit and makes a sharp looking figure with those details, which HT has done.

Whatever you're looking for, with Medicom, DCD and Hot Toys making Joker and Batman, there's a figure out there to satisfy everyone.

You guys that think Medi's is closer to the movie Bats than HT's need to check out the cover of Wizard #202. HT's looks identical to that pic. Medi's looks awesome too but the suits two tone isn't as prominent like HT's which is movie accurate.

Last edited:
Remember the HT version has the extra, extremely nice Bale head which the Medicom does not. HT is the superior value, Medicom always lack accessories for some reason. :peace

You guys that think Medi's is closer to the movie Bats than HT's need to check out the cover of Wizard #202. HT's looks identical to that pic. Medi's looks awesome too but the suits two tone isn't as prominent like HT's which is movie accurate.

I prefer an accurate look over and accurate color sheme :rolleyes:
and the Medicom STAYS more accurate than the hot toys

first people do not bother the hot toys being inaccurate (mouth, shoulders,...) now they point out the color accuracy of the hot toys over the over all accuracy of the Medicom.
Let's face it, those people just dislike medicom and are hot toys fan boys. I wouldn't even matter that Medicom had the colors perfect.

That figure looks perfect. PERFECT. Plus, im sure if you never saw pics of the suit other then what was in the movie, you wouldnt care. It was way to dark to tell.

That figure looks perfect. PERFECT. Plus, im sure if you never saw pics of the suit other then what was in the movie, you wouldnt care. It was way to dark to tell.

indeed, that is also true

I just do not seem why people keep on saying hot toys is best because of the colors...
1) hot toys has accurate colors, but inaccurate proportions + mask isn't 100%
2) medicom has no accurate colors, but has accurate proportions + mask = 100%
3) personal taste: I prefer the dark blue color sheme of Medicom over the black-grey or whatever from the Hot Toys

I prefer an accurate look over and accurate color sheme :rolleyes:
and the Medicom STAYS more accurate than the hot toys

first people do not bother the hot toys being inaccurate (mouth, shoulders,...) now they point out the color accuracy of the hot toys over the over all accuracy of the Medicom.
Let's face it, those people just dislike medicom and are hot toys fan boys. I wouldn't even matter that Medicom had the colors perfect.

Oh I like the Medicom version just fine. I think their Bats looks awesome so your "Medi Hater" logic is void here. There really isn't a difference between the Medi sculpt and the HT to me anyways. I was simply pointing out that even though HT's grays seem a bit much they are still screen accurate because some had mentioned they're not.

If Medi's figures were true 1:6 scale I'd be scratching my head over which one to get. This time HT's size and more accessories are the only things that make Hot Toys my Bat of choice.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back