Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why everyone's getting so comative over this. We've got Mattel, DCD, Hot Toys and Medicom all making 12" scale figures of this costume, with varying degrees of interpretation from all companies, but 4 very unique looking figures and surely one of them can satisfy everyone wanting a figure from this movie. No need to bash the other figures or each other for liking a particular brand, just enjoy that we've got some kickass Batman figures out there when Begins only had 1 figure from the whole movie from every maker and before that great figures in this scale were not to be found. This is a great time to be a Batman collector.

Quick question....did anyone actually like this costume?

Notice how little of it they showed in the film? As if they realized while filming that they had indeed created a monstrosity?

Easily one of my favorite films of all time---but I just can't make myself like that costume.

People want to say "I have the best and you have the worst".

Well that's very mature, I'd rather just say I'm so happy to have this Batman figure, whatever it be, and not give a rat's ass what other people get as long as I have what I want.

Notice how little of it they showed in the film? As if they realized while filming that they had indeed created a monstrosity?

Easily one of my favorite films of all time---but I just can't make myself like that costume.

I dig the film costume from the waist up to the neck and the new cowl, not a fan of the neck design or the legs, which are points that sway me to the Hot Toys figures, the way they've handled the leg pattern doesn't make it look as bad as some film promo shots.

As for filming it, if they'd thought it was a monstrosity they'd never have used it, they would have gone back to the drawing board. Really, you never saw many of the details of the Begins suit in the first movie either the way it was shot.

I agree with Maulfan, but I also came out of the theater thinking that I really didn't need a figure with the new costume, since you hardly ever got a good look at it. If I hadn't been reading these threads about the new costume, I hardly would've been able to tell the difference. The original suit is a lot more iconic and similar to the original suit in the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton.

I agree with Maulfan, but I also came out of the theater thinking that I really didn't need a figure with the new costume, since you hardly ever got a good look at it. If I hadn't been reading these threads about the new costume, I hardly would've been able to tell the difference. The original suit is a lot more iconic and similar to the original suit in the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton.

I understand the whole "head turning" thing I guess, but wasn't that one of Nolan's big issues for revamping the suit in Batman Begins? He hated the way Keaton had to turn his shoulders to look around.

I fell in love with the BB suit with the thick neck-----he actually looks a lot more intimidating in that one and it really looks like this new suit is missing a pair of Shumacer nipples.

I actually had no intention of buying anything to do with the new suit design other than the 6" Mattel figure when things got started, but in my head, I knew there was a chance HT's representation might be a bit more stylized/optimized based on their methods and figured if they made a sharp looking figure with the design, I'd be for it, and to my expectation, they did just what I hoped and that's why I'm getting it. I love Batman figures, as soon as I got my Keaton figure and knew the joy of 1/6 Batman, I had to get a Begins figure and after getting the Takara figure, I was eager to see what would come out of this movie. I've got the HT Begins suit and TDK suit figures on order along with Joker.

I loved the new suit up until the interrogation scene , his head looked huge which bugged me. But in all the other scenes it was fine! :rock
I still am definitely getting this figure !.

I like it better than the original.

I liked how the new suit deviated from batsuits of old. Since the first Burton Batman to Batman Begins, no matter how well the movies explained and described the materials comprising the suit (reinforced armor, kevlar bi-weave, blah blah blah), it still looked like a RUBBER suit.

The TDK suit avoided this by using less rubber, employed layered pieces and avoided areas that would betray the technologically advanced appearance that the movie (by that, I mean Lucius) works so hard to get us to believe - i.e. elbows, knee area, or places that would cause the traditional rubber batsuit to bend in unrealistic and awkward ways.

The TDK suit does NOT look like a rubber suit, and that's why I like it. I still hate the legs, though, and Hot Toys made them look even worse on their figure.

Doesnt he use the new suit for the majority of the film? I know I saw the old suit in the short scarecrow scene but that was about it. What suit did he wear in the Japan scene.

He wears the new suit in the Hong Kong sequence.

I love the new suit, very cool looking. I like the original suite as well. Iron man and these figures are starting me down the 12" road.

Maybe I am just too easy to please, or not trendy enough to hate everything that anyone has ever made. :rolleyes:

These are very cool looking and my favorite part (hate me for it or not) you don't see practically any joints so it doesn't look like a dolly. :lol

I love the new suit, very cool looking. I like the original suite as well. Iron man and these figures are starting me down the 12" road.

Maybe I am just too easy to please, or not trendy enough to hate everything that anyone has ever made. :rolleyes:

These are very cool looking and my favorite part (hate me for it or not) you don't see practically any joints so it doesn't look like a dolly. :lol

Jesse, you have the most hypnotic avatar I've ever seen.... :monkey5

l

Hey cut me some slack chief---I honestly haven't talked to anyone outside of this board that actually liked that damn suit so it was a valid question on my part.

At least now I know their efforts weren't completely in vain. :monkey4

Nothing trendy about it, unless you're in Jr. High. :lol

Gets real old fast, these threads used to be a fun place to visit. Now it's more like a neurotic dorks miserable whiners Group Session. Constructive criticism is one thing, but this has really sucked lately.

Just calling it the way I see it. If some of you Guys can't be happy with the greatest TDK Figures ever made then maybe find another hobby... or somewhere else to complain you whiney little biches. :lol

Seriously, let's try to be a little more positive here. Rant off. :D

Nothing trendy about it, unless you're in Jr. High. :lol

Gets real old fast, these threads used to be a fun place to visit. Now it's more like a neurotic dorks miserable whiners Group Session. Constructive criticism is one thing, but this has really sucked lately.

Just calling it the way I see it. If some of you Guys can't be happy with the greatest TDK Figures ever made then maybe find another hobby... or somewhere else to complain you whiney little biches. :lol

Seriously, let's try to be a little more positive here. Rant off. :D

Two words bro, WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back